the weirdest candy bar I ever ate

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

(damn, I usually catch the multiple posts in time to remove them)
Last edited by chas on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
chas

Post by chas »

(deleted)
Last edited by chas on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

BillChin wrote:If a person lives in a town with Spanish-style bodegas (neighborhood grocery stores), they usually stock spicy-sweet candy, such as lollipops.
In the USA, cinnamon spicy candy has been popular for a very long time.
Reasonable person
Walden
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Congratulations wrote:
anniemcu wrote:Cow Tails. :o
Cow Tails are just long, thin Caramel Creams.
Mebbe... but I just really find them ... distasteful... (shiver) ... and I like caramel...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Wanderer wrote:
emmline wrote:but did you like it?
I haven't decided yet. I like chocolate..and I like bacon.

The chocolate and the bacon were very distinct flavors. They didn't meld. It wasn't like a Reese's, where the peanut butter and the chocolate kind of come together in your mouth to forms something new.
One of the tastiest snacks I've had were candied bacon. Pieces of bacon coated in sugar (and a few other things), baked and eaten as snacks. Not the same thing as chocolate and bacon but bacon and sweet do go together pretty well.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I wonder if chitterlings coated in chocolate would be good?
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

This outfit works out of my home town: http://www.cowgirlchocolates.com/ They started out making different chocolates with hot peppers in most of the formulas.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

There be a sauce, I cannot remember fer the life o' me what it's called, that one can get in certain restaurants caterin' to the taste o' the Spanish main, that is a chocolate-chile sauce. Arr. Goes good with chicken, goat, or bilgerat. It's pretty odd to my white-boy taste, but I like it once in a while.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

WyoBadger wrote:There be a sauce, I cannot remember fer the life o' me what it's called, that one can get in certain restaurants caterin' to the taste o' the Spanish main, that is a chocolate-chile sauce. Arr. Goes good with chicken, goat, or bilgerat. It's pretty odd to my white-boy taste, but I like it once in a while.

Tom
Mole' (pronounced Mo-LAY, not "mole", even if that *would* be an appropriate sauce for bilge-rat)
Cubitt

Post by Cubitt »

chas wrote:Crunchy frog.
Not Anthrax Ripple?
"In times of trial, swearing often provides a solace denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

DCrom wrote:
WyoBadger wrote:There be a sauce, I cannot remember fer the life o' me what it's called, that one can get in certain restaurants caterin' to the taste o' the Spanish main, that is a chocolate-chile sauce. Arr. Goes good with chicken, goat, or bilgerat. It's pretty odd to my white-boy taste, but I like it once in a while.

Tom
Mole' (pronounced Mo-LAY, not "mole", even if that *would* be an appropriate sauce for bilge-rat)
You should never ever ever ever ever EVER use hershey's syrup to make mole'. Ever.

I wish someone had told that to the cooks at the restaurant near my house :boggle:
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Durn you!!! Now I'm starved. That looks like it would be really good-not to mention all the steaks that were being flailed around in that video... :moreevil:

And I love cowtails! even though I once lost a cap while chewing on the thing.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

A delicacy in Scotland is a deep fried Mars bar,which I haven't tried

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Whistling Willie wrote:A delicacy in Scotland is a deep fried Mars bar,which I haven't tried

Invented in Stonehaven, my hometown (the idiot that first asked for one was in my year at school). Use to eat a lot of them when I was at school, mostly for the novelty value and because it was bad for me (I was 15, what else am I going to do?).

They're not bad actually, ridiculously sweet though and I wouldn't eat them now.

They're not really a delicacy, in fact they're mostly a bad joke now and you'd be hard pressed to find a chip shop that sold them these days. It's one of those things that got a lot more press than it really deserved.

Personally I think a deep fried pizza is much worse (never plucked up enough courage to try one of those), but you can thank Glasgow for those I believe.