Whistle pouch for a player who is not affected by WhOA.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
optakeover

Whistle pouch for a player who is not affected by WhOA.

Post by optakeover »

I love both my high-end and low-end whistles so I want to strive to provide adequate protection, even for my cherished Generation whistles. Unfortunately I do not have proper carrying case for them so some of them have been scuffed quite a bit on the mouthpiece. Especially so is my beloved Bb nickel-plated.

Thanks to the quote in my signature which I heed by, although I have a number of whistles I can proudly say I am immune from the WhOA disorder (although many others can do much better). The whistles I own are: A Generation D nickel-plated, a semi-retired D brass and Bb nickel, a Susato C and a brass Burke D session. I also have a retired Susato Bb (which I hate) and Generation G which I bought just for laughs. I don't use them often so they are not counted. I also have a Goldie low D which I don't use very often because I prefer playing the flute, just had it because its great for some of the church music I play. I do not plan to buy any more whistles for the time being.

I don't have many whistles, so a customized drumstick case isn't for me. However, I have a few of them which I almost always bring around, the Generation D, Bb and Burke D, and I can't stuff all of them into one supplied Burke pouch.

Please suggest to me ideas for a pouch which is just right to accommodate 5-6 whistles and is affordable too. Thanks.
Last edited by optakeover on Wed May 26, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75721&start=30

"However to me, above all it's not about the whistles. I love all my whistles, but I love the music more."
MikeS

Re: Whistle pouch for a player who is not affected by WhOA.

Post by MikeS »

North Art Heritage Music in Vancouver sells a number of bags through their eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/North-Art-Herita ... ec0Q2em322

and also on their own web page.

http://www.heritage-music.net/servlet/t ... Categories

If you read the descriptions, you'll find that most of their bags for multiple whistles are long enough for Bflat whistles. They are, at least in my experience, lovely folk to deal with. Since they make the bags themselves they are also willing to customize them (within reason) to your specifications.
I'm asking you because you're an educated sort of swine. John LeCarre
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

MikeS wrote:North Art Heritage Music in Vancouver..
It's Vancouver only if you're from outside of BC. Otherwise, they're in Salmon Arm, which is half way to Calgary.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

s1m0n wrote:It's Vancouver only if you're from outside of BC. Otherwise, they're in Salmon Arm, which is half way to Calgary.
Sorry, late at night I sometimes tire of fighting my heritage and succumb to my Yankee birthright of geographic confusion. [embarrassed emoticon would go here if the board provided one]
I'm asking you because you're an educated sort of swine. John LeCarre
riverman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by riverman »

MikeS wrote:North Art Heritage Music in Vancouver sells a number of bags through their eBay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/North-Art-Herita ... ec0Q2em322

and also on their own web page.

http://www.heritage-music.net/servlet/t ... Categories

If you read the descriptions, you'll find that most of their bags for multiple whistles are long enough for Bflat whistles. They are, at least in my experience, lovely folk to deal with. Since they make the bags themselves they are also willing to customize them (within reason) to your specifications.

This is GREAT! I wish I had known about this much sooner! For want of any case, I carried my first whistle around in a sock! Of course, I had to endure the continual joke, "I hope it's a clean sock!!" This was also the time when I didn't know the correct way to clear moisture from a windway. So I shook the whistle out, causing nervous tension in those sitting around me.

Even now I carry most of my whistles in rolled up napkins.
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
Thomas-Hastay
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

A small version of a "wrench wrap" coiled and stuffed in a PVC tube with end caps coud protect your whistles at "ground zero!"

http://www.frontiernet.net/~werikson/images/wrench.jpg
"The difference between Genius and stupidity, is that Genius has its limits" (Albert Einstein)
thomashastay@yahoo.com
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

I don't use it much anymore but I got a small rollup from Michaels craft store that was made for paintbrushes - it fit the whistles perfect, was lightweight and cheap.
toasterburn

Post by toasterburn »

I'd also recommended the bags at lollysmith. I've bought a few different totes from them and they're very well made.

http://www.lollysmith.com/tinwhcaba.html
optakeover

Post by optakeover »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, but you know I'm now throwing a lot of money into buying a new Chris Wilkes flute so I may not have the money to ship stuff in from overseas for the time being (18 year old student). Any DIY solutions you guys can offer as well if I determine that I can't buy stuff from overseas for now?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75721&start=30

"However to me, above all it's not about the whistles. I love all my whistles, but I love the music more."