OT: Off to Mexico.... adios!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Hey there kids. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm off to Mexico this coming Monday (Feb 3) and I won't be back for a long time. I'll probably get to check in from time to time, but not often.
So, gracias y adios!
Chris
goesto11
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by goesto11 »

Has there been a coup? Is CL running off with his peons' money? Is this why there has been no battle?

John "I'm glad I was on the other side" Mac
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

We'll miss you, Chris! Make sure to send us your travel diary. You know:

March, 7. County Jail, Talicante, Bahia.Arrested for playing my Low F in the disused train station. They frisked my backback and they took my Viceroys. Well, been meaning to quit for a long while. But how I shall get the B part of the Dublin Reel with this Salsa Caliente playing day and night, I'll never know. Chief said he'll hold me till the great Police Fiesta next month, and if I won't play there, he'll hold me foranother month. I just wish I had broght that Overton Bass Low Low A, then I am sure I could prize open these bars...

Have fun!
/Bloomfield
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Thanks Bloomfield - as if I'm not already scared enough about being robbed or hassled by the authorities :roll:
Chris
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Have a great time Chris! How long is your trip?
corleyf

Post by corleyf »

Have a great time. You know they have wonderful internet cafes in Mexico. Easy to use and cheap so no excuse not to hear from you. Fran
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Thanks again :smile:
Beth - I'll be there at least until July 30, longer if I can get a visa and figure out a way to pay for it all.
Chris
Claus von Weiss

Post by Claus von Weiss »

Have a great time in Mexico, Chris. Your often amazingly silly/wise threads will be badly missed here. Vaya con dios! (Hoping this is more or less correct Spanish;) )
Claus
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Just remember - don't drink the water, drink the beer instead! Oh, and you can buy pot legally too. Have fun! ;0
carrie

Post by carrie »

Chris,

Just don't go, okay? Please?

Well, okay, if you have to, then make it a wonderful, wonderful growing and fulfilling time, and know how much we'll all miss you here.

Carol
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Rev. Chris, my Former Supreme Leader (until you referred to me as a peon), you will be sorely missed. I'll save your place in line until you get back.
Susan
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

That's a long time Chris. Vacation, or evading an indictment, or an irate bodhran player, or what?

Have fun and stay free.

Philo
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Chris, have a fabulous time!! Toss back a margarita for me...but only one 'cuz I'm not really a tequila fan. :wink: Seriously though, I hope you have some fantastic experiences and get all you can out of it!

Hopefully you can check in with us through one of those internet cafes mentioned earlier, and tell us about the incredible tan you're getting... :grin:

Safe journeys, safe return...

Andrea ~*~
WhistlingGypsy

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

All the best Chris....Mexico is a great place, there are lots of cyber cafe's there so check in once in a while...enjoy your adventure!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WhistlingGypsy on 2003-01-29 22:21 ]</font>
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Can't wait to hear about your adventures. We'll miss you!

Cara