Keeper of the Flame?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Keeper of the Flame?

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny wrote:here, on the left coast,

the light citrus with a hint of grapefruit.......

well, you get the idea
Yeah, I'm a sucker for shibumi. I hadn't thought of a ceviche application before, though! Excellent. Bright and refreshing, I should imagine.

One does have to treat one's maggot repasts with judicious balance, or the flavor is overwhelmed.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

dwest wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Tea, actually. I find that a lightly brewed kukicha lends its clean yet almost earthy character very well, contributing to a most pleasing experience.

Elegance in simplicity.
A kukicha flavored with codling moth larvae fed on pears is also good.
How decadent. You can stay.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
dwest

Post by dwest »

Nanohedron wrote:
dwest wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: Tea, actually. I find that a lightly brewed kukicha lends its clean yet almost earthy character very well, contributing to a most pleasing experience.

Elegance in simplicity.
A kukicha flavored with codling moth larvae fed on pears is also good.
How decadent. You can stay.
Don't thank me, my wife has it every morning. If I wanted to drink xylem I'd just toss some rosewood sawdust in my tea.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

In the absence of an answer to my questions, I've done some research on Pub practice. There is a history of swipes at Republicans. Not just from Simon either. For instance, Dale wrote in a recent Pub Thread marking someone’s death ('Patrick Swayze, RIP'): 'I used to tell my children that if they didn't behave, they'd have to live with a Republican family. They're all adults now and still have nightmares.'

I guess it's a matter of the sociology of the place and the preferences of the moderators. I don't suppose it's prudent for Reps to rebut such posts, as I expect the wrangle will get the thread locked. Might as well let people have their fun. And nobody here on the Right is interested in taking swipes at Dems. So occasional pokes at Reps seem to be part of the place, unless something changes. I mistakenly thought Pub policy was that political posts and threads were supposed to go off-board. Apologies for raining on the parade.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

jim stone wrote:There is a history of swipes at Republicans. Not just from Simon either.
They just ran the least competent administration in history and are widely reviled because of it. Disdain for these folks is hardly partisan; these days, this is firmly in the main current of public opinion.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

jim stone wrote:In the absence of an answer to my questions, I've done some research on Pub practice. There is a history of swipes at Republicans. Not just from Simon either. For instance, Dale wrote in a recent Pub Thread marking someone’s death ('Patrick Swayze, RIP'): 'I used to tell my children that if they didn't behave, they'd have to live with a Republican family. They're all adults now and still have nightmares.'
Don't worry, that never went unnoticed.

Partisans often get caught sinking their own ships...well, that's what I'd tell my kids anyway.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Lorenzo wrote:Partisans often get caught sinking their own ships.
I'm not at all sure what you mean by that, as an allusion or an implication. Please explain.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

MTGuru wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:Partisans often get caught sinking their own ships.
I'm not at all sure what you mean by that, as an allusion or an implication. Please explain.
I thought it to mean that when you say "my way or the highway, you're either with us or against us, so toe the line, or walk the plank" you may find that many take the highway, and you have declared that they are your enemy. Soon the hardened core of the oak tree starts cutting off the branches that reach across the road and come close to Elm, and as the Elm gets more light and grows, the Oak loses resources and dwindles. Throw enough rocks at the other side, and often a middle bystander gets hit, and you lose their support. Act like a rabid dog, and people will keep their distance. Lock yourself into a cage of ideology, and you have imprisoned yourself from much of the world, and can get involved with an illogical group think that will lead to a bad end. Over confidence, due to group think, brings about less diligence and loose lips, and that sinks ships.

Hope that helps.

PS. I thought that allusion could be both direct or by implication.
Last edited by I.D.10-t on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I think the most persecuted group of folks at the Pub are Zombies.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

mutepointe wrote:I think the most persecuted group of folks at the Pub are Zombies.
I believe you have a point, sir.