The Same Color Illusion

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

The Same Color Illusion

Post by Denny »

tell me they don't have budget probems....go ahead :really:
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: The Same Color Illusion

Post by izzarina »

I'm sure that fits into the general astronomical theme...... :P

AND...even when they put the two colors together, they're not the same for me. I think they're daft.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

izzarina wrote:I'm sure that fits into the general astronomical theme...... :P

AND...even when they put the two colors together, they're not the same for me. I think they're daft.
Use your hands to cover the dark squares on either side, in the explanation. The illusion persists while even partial dark squares are there. Cover them up and the illusion is gone.

Blimey. We did that in first year art. And with different colours.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
dwest

Post by dwest »

Color preception is crucial for a heck of a lot of things, if ya ain't careful it'll come back and bite you in the...."Red Touch Yellow, Kills a Fellow. Red Touch Black, Friend of Jack" or worse "Snake of black and yellow and red, soon a stupid rhyme is said."
Pammy

Post by Pammy »

What? what?
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Denny,
They is crazy. And BTW, who taught them about perspective? No wonder we're not getting back into space.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Of course, the squares have the same color density in their proof example, but their proof example is not the original drawing, where the two squares in question do not have the same shade, even when I cover up everything else on my computer screen. I have seen this and similar other examples of this phenomenon in printed form in which I did agree that actually the two squares are the same shade, even when appearing different because of the surrounding shades, but the comptuer screen presentation seems questionable to me.
Denny

Post by Denny »

yes....let's go away with computer screens, shall we! :thumbsup:
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Oh, alright, I give. Photoshop color pickers says they 'appear" to be the same color (RGB=120,120,120). However, this is only because they had to substitute square materials due to a warehouse shortage. Good luck always keeping that light in the same place when your wife wants to redecorate. She's bound to notice you screwed up when you picked it up at the store.
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

kkrell

Post by kkrell »

You know, now that I know that NASA would go to all this trouble just to fake us out like this, it makes me wonder what other lies have come out of their studios....
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Nevermind NASA . . . it's the Air Force you need to be concerned about. Remember Area 52? Brrrr!
Cotelette d'Agneau
Denny

Post by Denny »

ImageImageImage
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

Lambchop wrote:Nevermind NASA . . . it's the Air Force you need to be concerned about. Remember Area 52? Brrrr!
Stargate? As if Area 51 wasn't enough trouble.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

If you bring space aliens into the equation, you have a whole new ball game. By the way, I don't see at all what any of this has to do with the health care debate in Congress. There I go being poststructural again.