when a tune touches you so much

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Brigitte
antispam: No

when a tune touches you so much

Post by Brigitte »

....... yesterday a new tune has been added to my "one of all time favorites" that are tunes or the rare songs that have found a constant place in my heart, that whenever I listen to them, they bring up memories and emotions that make me cry or scream (cannot call it singing what I do) or dance because of their absolute beautifulness....

The tune I am talking about is called "Madame Lulu" and is played by the band Den (old album from 1989)... I was driving along in the car to get home and deeply in thoughts and when it started all hairs raised up, the car filled up with a thick sound cushion and my mind and heart felt lighter and my mind was in awe from the beauty of the pipes and the overall feeling the tune brought across..... I suddenly was very happy....

Brigitte
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: when a tune touches you so much

Post by Nanohedron »

I thought at first you were maybe talking about this Russian song, Madame Lulu (4th selection down). I actually found sheet music for it some years back, with some romantic vision of a pensive woman on the cover and all in Cyrillic except for every time the words "Madame Lulu" came up. I'd forgotten about it until today, and I never did hear it until today, either. Gotta love the internet.

Yer composition on the Den CD seems a tad different. Just a tad. :wink: Heard that for the first time today, too.

I wonder if these are at all in honor of the famous New Orleans madam, Lulu White.
Brigitte wrote:..whenever I listen to them, they bring up...emotions that make me cry or scream...
Well, the Russian one makes my serum cholesterol go thru the roof, anyway.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fOyLhgLeJE Could this be the same one you are talking about?
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

The Whistle Collector wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fOyLhgLeJE Could this be the same one you are talking about?
yes, this is the tune and now imagine the pipes on top and carrying it that it is so beautiful that it hurts. I kind of wish Mike would play it on the pipes instead or fourhanded with flute as well.

This is the album http://folkyourself.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... -1989.html but I could not find a sample of the recording I mean online.

Brigitte
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Going back to the original post, and the sentiment behind it. When my Father died in my arms..the only song I played, before and after, was this.

http://www.box.net/shared/5jv0ejuklk

Say good bye...the love the love the love the love the love..

Fifteen years later it still kills me..

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

"Bare", by The Cure.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

There's two particular airs that slay me. Marcus Hernon's Air and Amhrán Iníon A' Bhaoghailligh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUopoQkrn4w

And Stevie Ray Vaughn playing Little Wing.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.