Cat obstructionism

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Re: Cat obstructionism

Post by avanutria »

...or having a bunch of 'em placed here and there in a sort of Kafkaesque disciplinarian decor;
The image that this creates is somehow quite pleasing. Redecorating the home around the cat...

An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

avanutria wrote:The image that this creates is somehow quite pleasing. Redecorating the home around the cat...

I don't dare let my wife see that! :o
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Munk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Munk »

gonzo914 wrote:There are those who would advocate punting the little peckerwood as far as you can, but if you place kick him, you get an extra point, and a good drop kick that clears the hallway and leave a cat imprint halfway up the wall is good for two.
Gonzo -- Could you go into a bit more detail regarding points awarded for sounds, i.e. the pitch, timbre, volume and duration of the cat's reactionary noise during its brief but well-aimed flight?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Y'all're evil. Eeeeevil.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

jsluder wrote:I don't dare let my wife see that! :o
Then you better not show her this house either:

http://www.moderncat.net/2008/10/08/unb ... rom-japan/
http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/hebel/prod ... cat-b.html
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

ImageImage

Great. All in impeccable good taste, but more surfaces to clean the puke off of.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I suggest a small water pistol handy to you as you enter the hall... cats don't much care for being squirted, and tend to move on ... quickly. :twisted:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

anniemcu wrote:I suggest a small water pistol handy to you as you enter the hall... cats don't much care for being squirted, and tend to move on ... quickly. :twisted:
Cats do bear grudges. It's possible you may wind up being squirted back. :D :poke:
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Nanohedron wrote:I've lived with cats almost without interruption since I can remember.
"Without interruption" - really. Sure they're cats?
Denny

Post by Denny »

sometimes he's just so confusing....

Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

anniemcu wrote:I suggest a small water pistol handy to you as you enter the hall... cats don't much care for being squirted, and tend to move on ... quickly. :twisted:

Exactly what I was going to render as my professional opinion. :)

A spray bottle works well. Super soakers are good for particularly determined felines. ;)

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Doc Jones wrote:

Exactly what I was going to render as my professional opinion. :)

A spray bottle works well. Super soakers are good for particularly determined felines. ;)

Doc
There's an exception to every rule, they say. (Whoever "they" are.) We used to have a cat who would simply turn her back to you when you sprayed her with water. As long as it didn't hit her face, she didn't care how wet you got her. A super-soaker wouldn't have bothered her a bit. Luckily for us, she was unusually well-behaved for such a high-spirited cat.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
BillChin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BillChin »

One friend uses the air cans used to dust keyboards. One quick blast and all the cats go running. It doesn't have to be aimed at the cat, the noise is enough. Anyway, it is only compressed air.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nanohedron wrote: Great. All in impeccable good taste, but more surfaces to clean the puke off of.
My thoughts exactly. Well, almost exactly. I was thinking specifically about the occasional geriatric potty problems
such as one of my 2 cats is having at the moment. It involves placing a rubber-backed fuzzy bathmat under my
desk as a sort of rug-diaper. And shutting the door.
I would love the pictured house, but only if it came with a hose and a drain.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

One of my first jobs was in a used and antiquarian bookstore. The owners had a shop-cat who lived there full time. She was almost entirely black; there were one or two white patches, but that's it.

One of this cat's favorite activities was to go over to the some shelves on the far side of the store, where she had discovered that she could jump from shelf to shelf and then up into the suspended ceiling. Once there, the only other opening was a missing panel on the other wall, coincidentally near my desk, (and also to the 'occult' section; the readers of occult books being the second my likely customers to steal books, so they were up front where I could keep and eye on them. #1 was readers of books on Christianity, btw)

The problem with this from the cat's point of view was that this hole was not located near any convenient shelves for jumping down onto. Luckily for the cat, there'd often be people browsing the occult section, and she had discovered that someone's shoulder was a perfect half-way point to the floor. We'd see her face peeking pit from the ceiling above some unsuspecting customer, and then seconds later she'd jump from the ceiling to the customer's shoulder and then to the floor. They'd have no idea what was about to happen, and suddenly a flying black cat would appear out of nowhere and leap onto them. We'd try to keep a straight face, but it never stopped being hilarious.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis