Rrrrrrummmmble!!!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
madguy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by madguy »

So slap me and call me Janice!!! :grin:

~Larry
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

I'm on Mr. Stout's side for the following reasons:
1) I like drinking stout
2) anyone with an enemy as formidable as CL must be doing something right.

Just call me a contrarian. I used to be republican, but they became too much like the democrats...so now I'm libertarian.
There is no try, only do or not do. - Yoda
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

Let it here be known that

I, the person known as livethe question, seeker of truth, defender of free speech, believer in the community of the Chiff and Whistle Forums, advocate for peace, justice and the American Way (the REAL American Way of course), whistler subpar, beater of drums, kayaker, rock climber, bad punner, fan of Robert Heinlein and Spider Robinson, fellow traveler and companion on the journey, and drinker of tequila

do consecrate and dedicate life and my time and my next two reincarnations to the cause expounded by Chris (tell me again what that is, Chris)

I do solemnly swear this on my most holy whistles and my new Kangaroo covered Metloef drum

Namasté

jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: livethe question on 2003-01-20 10:21 ]</font>
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Metloef, yes, but did your Halpin ever show?? :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: avanutria on 2003-01-20 10:12 ]</font>
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

Yep, the Halpin came in before Christmas. Nice deep rumble :smile: but at 20" it feels "huge". I'm not pushed for money right now so I'm going to keep it 'til I learn to play a bit. Ordering a Blue Heron case today for the small drum. What fun!

jim
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

[/quote]

offered unconditional love by someone who looks suspiciously like Princess Anne.

[/quote]

Princess Anne? That was me, you dolt! And I look like Princess Leia (minus the cinnamon roll hairdo). May The Force be with us, Chris!
Susan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: susnfx on 2003-01-20 11:21 ]</font>
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

On 2003-01-20 11:20, susnfx wrote:

offered unconditional love by someone who looks suspiciously like Princess Anne.

Princess Anne? That was me, you dolt! And I look like Princess Leia (minus the cinnamon roll hairdo). May The Force be with us, Chris!
Susan

Did I not say that Susnfx rocks? If she's dressing up as Princess Leia for the rumble (in her metal bikini) I'm definitely on her side, whoever she's supporting. I'll bring my own force.

Now where's that pesky handbag? You'd think the thing had legs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martin Milner on 2003-01-20 11:26 ]</font>
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

On 2003-01-20 11:20, susnfx wrote:

And I look like Princess Leia (minus the cinnamon roll hairdo).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: susnfx on 2003-01-20 11:21 ]</font>
Then it can't possibly have been you Susan. (I couldn't exactly *see* horses in the background. But I certainly *heard* them.) Sigh! When will poor Wombat get the hang of this romance caper?

To prevent further misunderstandings, I'll obviously have to join Murphy's stout-hearted brigade leaving, I think, only Zubivka still skewered on the fence.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

What exactly is it we're fighting for Stouthearts? Let me suggest a passionate call-and-response-slogan.

What do we want: gradual change.
When do we want it: in due course.

I don't know what it means but I picked it up over on the ITM board I think.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

If the Stouts have their slogans, I think we Seals (CL - get it?) should have ours too.

What do we want: Rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty

When do we want it: As soon as is convenient
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

BTW, Walden - You have not been forgotten. I just haven't decided how to deal with your treachery yet.

(Is it just me or is this thread sounding more and more like a conversation in the chat room very, very late at night?!?!?)
claudine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

the choice is easy for me: I always prefered stouts over blondes - so I'm with Murphy (unless Guinness should enter the competition ...)
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

All right, I am declaring. :grin:

I bring to the table....

subversive web skillz
a dislike of stout
many years in martial arts
a general fondness for special forces

So, I declare for the CL's! (Seals)

Aodhan
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

The sides have been taken. The line has been drawn. Mighty armies of kinda dorky whistle players have amassed, ready to do battle.
Now all we need is something to fight over. Here are my suggestions, please indicate your preference or indicate your preference to abstain from indicating a preference.

1) The true identity of Davy Spillane's D100 whistles. http://www.davyspillane.com

2) Whether Sea Monkeys are really monkeys, whether a plastic tank really constitutes "sea" and whether we should all file a massive class-action lawsuit against the company that destroyed our childhoods by fooling us into believing that Sea Monkeys would really look and behave like the they do on the packaging: http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

3)Who's funniest - Jar Jar Binks, Jerry Lewis or Bob Sagat?

4)Whether or not William Shatner wears a toupee or not.

5) Which was the best Star Trek movie: The Attack of the Clones or The Phantom Menace.

5)Which of the Olsen Twins, were they to be hot, is hottest.

6) Which group has it all figured out, [url=http://http:www.rael.org]The Raeliens[/url] or the Church of Scientology. Keep in mind that the head of the Raelian scientific team was a professor at my college while I was there!

6) Any other suggestions are welcome.

Remember, we want war at all costs and we're not going to let having nothing to fight over get in the way of that goal. it is your duty as a citizen of Chiffboarddom to fight for a reason to fight so that there can be a fight. May God be with you!

Supreme Leader Chris
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

I too intended to remain neutral, but noted in the back and forth that which drove me well, back and forth. Early on I decided to unite with Stout based solely on the enemy's characterization of West Side Story as a "brutal gang fight." Ha, I laughed at that the first time I saw it when I was eight - people singing and Russ Tamblyn running into the point of a knife from 20 feet away!

Also, everyone knows that both e-aikido and e-jui juitsu are superior!

The Pete Townsend outing however has thrust me back to a neutral corner to await hopefully the utter destruction of both realms!

Dance upon each other's swords!

Philo fan of Gangs of New York and Fordham Baldies vs. the Ducky Boys.