Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Post by WyoBadger »

Ladies and Gentlemen, as of 8:30 this morning it is official: I have completed and passed all necessary work to recieve a Master of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction (Technology).

Thank you. Thank you. There will be refreshments in the lobby.

I will not attempt to describe the tribulation this on-line program has caused for an active, outdoorsy person such as myself, nor the havoc it has wrought upon my bowhunting, rock-climbing, back-packing, and thowing-sticks-for-the-dog careers. It is too horrifying to put into words. But no matter. It is over. Done. I never have to do this again.

My feelings concerning this triumph over the nefarious forces of Acadamia are well captured by This song and video.

Ah. The world is shiney and new again. Real life awaits...
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Steamwalker

Re: Veni. Vidi. Vici.

Post by Steamwalker »

Congo Rats, man. This summer, I will be starting college for the first after being out of school for more than a decade. I don't know how it'll fit in with my full-time job but I am bettering myself. In a good 5-10 years, I may be getting an Associates Degree.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Congratulations! I'll hoist a few pints in your honor tonight.

My wife is doing a one-course-per-semester masters in CS. It's a long haul; we can appreciate what you've gone through.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Congrats Tom!!
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
Cork

Post by Cork »

Congratulations! There is a joy to busting loose from academia!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Yer such a worthy lad!!! Congrats in the extreme. Come out West again and we'll have another party. :party: :party: :party:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

The Weekenders wrote:Yer such a worthy lad!!! Congrats in the extreme. Come out West again and we'll have another party. :party: :party: :party:
I'll second that! Many congratulations! Let us know next time you're out this way again & we have the perfect excuse for a party. There's still over half a bottle of potcheen left if you're feeling *really* brave/suicidal :twisted:

Does your emancipation mean that you now can resume your active, outdoorsy activities? Can we anticipate another CD release at some future date? (More IrTrad on the Euphonium? Or the Cutthroat's Revenge?) Will you actually be able to catch up on your sleep? And will you be wearing your new academic gown to future school graduation ceremonies to amuse your students?
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Glad to hear you finished. Nicely done.
Keith
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

DCrom wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Yer such a worthy lad!!! Congrats in the extreme. Come out West again and we'll have another party. :party: :party: :party:
I'll second that! Many congratulations! Let us know next time you're out this way again & we have the perfect excuse for a party. There's still over half a bottle of potcheen left if you're feeling *really* brave/suicidal :twisted:
No, I know my limits. :lol:
Does your emancipation mean that you now can resume your active, outdoorsy activities?
Yep! We already have the all-terrain stroller all warmed up...
Can we anticipate another CD release at some future date? (More IrTrad on the Euphonium? Or the Cutthroat's Revenge?) Will you actually be able to catch up on your sleep? And will you be wearing your new academic gown to future school graduation ceremonies to amuse your students?
All this and more...except the gown. Kilt, yes. Gown, no. I am, however, looking forward to making my students call me "Master Wilson."
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Congratulations! :party:
WyoBadger wrote:I am, however, looking forward to making my students call me "Master Wilson."
Heh. I went through undergrad with a guy named Richard Bates. He wasn't amused when we suggested he continue for his Masters degree...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

Congratuf*inlations! :D

or is it Conf*ingratulations? I dunno :-?
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Thanks. Someone had to do it and it sure wasn't going to be me.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Congratulations. on the song choice and the degree, Master Wilson. :thumbsup:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Congratulations, Tom. When I was in college studyng education, personal computers were not a reality. Can you tell us something about your experience with online college courses and how difficult it was to complete the degree requirements? This is obviously the future in higher education, but would you recommend it?
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Wyobadger

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , I have just heard the same thing, unofficially however - the official notification won't be untill June. - Masters in Energy and Environmental Management.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps