For sale: Hall piccolo C

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Time for some lesser-used instruments to move on to a new home. Priority shipping is ~$4, first class is less. Please email me (link is in the icons at the bottom of the post) and remember to take the Spamblocker portion out of the address to make it a normal Yahoo account.

<b>Hall crystal piccolo in C - Dandelion pattern</b>
New $55 at http://www.hallflutes.com
Asking <b>$25</b>

Description: I've come to terms with the fact that I am not a flute player. :smile: This piccolo comes in its original packaging and literature, consisting of a foam lined green cardboard box with a couple of papers stuck in the top. It's really a nice instrument and fun to mess about with but I don't have the embouchure for it - can't get anything from the second octave.

Sample sound from Hall Flutes:
http://hallflutes.com/Merchant2/mp3/hal ... o_in_c.mp3

<b>Laughing Whistle #1</b>

<b>SOLD</b>

<b>Laughing Whistle #2</b>

<b>SOLD</b>

<b>Money Back guarantee</b>

If you purchase one of these items, and within a week of receiving it decide you don't like it, contact me. You can send it back to me (same condition that you got it, except for tarnishing of course) and I will send you your money back.

Any questions please email.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: avanutria on 2003-01-13 19:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: avanutria on 2003-01-13 20:01 ]</font>
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Avanutria, an OT question about your spam blocker:

Does it really work to keep spam out? I'd rather post a different email address than the one in my profile, but when I had it for a few days in there, I was starting to get all sorts of spam/virus emails, so I switched it to my "junk" email account.

Robin
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

(this reply isn't commerce related, so I get to post it, right? :smile: )

Well, I get a little spam, but I think that's from other sources. This is my theory for posting an address online -

Most of the spam lists are generated by programs that wander through webpages and pick up anything that follows the pattern of name@domain.extension . That's why some people write out their addresses as "name at domain dot extension" or use an image file instead. The list generation is not done by a person. By putting something misleading in the middle of the address, you make it invalid if automatically picked up, but a person can read it and adjust it to make it valid.

If you use this method, make sure you use (for example) name@yahoo.misleading.com and not name@misleading.yahoo.com - both will be blocked in getting to you, but the second one makes it as far as yahoo and slows down their system. The first one doesn't know where to go after "com" and just dies.
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

OK, thanks--I'll give it a whirl and see if this works any better.

R.