Inside Chiff & Fipple (with Classified Photos)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Methinks the Undisputed grows skinny.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

That was great Dale; thanks. Amazing how many favorites we have in common (O'Riordan Low G, Abell Bflat/A set, Walton Golden Tone C, etc.).

Philo
tinker

Post by tinker »

Hey, I think I recognize one of the boxes in one of them photos, Dale.

Anywho I figure it's a good thing that I'm more string player than whistle player, else I might be suffering serious whistle envy right now. (Is there any official term for that? I imagine it's pretty common around here.)

Very nice, Dr. Wisely.

- tink
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

I can only say two words : Bra, vo!

<font size=1>PS: Just a hint from a minor photographe to the capitalized Undisputed. Or others who'll care reading. One of the hardest scenes to light properely is when mixing wood (or Burke's composite) with polished or satin metal. It's a headache for masters, and takes a "studio". You'll soot the wood, or burn the metal. Separate the two genres, put metal against a light-gray background, dark woods against a medium-to-slate gray, and voilà... </font>
Gary

Post by Gary »

A clean desk is the sign of a lazy person. :wink: Thanks for sharing the pix, Dale!

I know what you mean about that Walton's C whistle. I made a reasonable facsimile by putting a Walton C head on a Gen brass C tube and absolutely love the sound.

Gary
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

On 2003-01-05 02:59, tinker wrote:
Hey, I think I recognize one of the boxes in one of them photos, Dale.

Anywho I figure it's a good thing that I'm more string player than whistle player, else I might be suffering serious whistle envy right now. (Is there any official term for that? I imagine it's pretty common around here.)

Very nice, Dr. Wisely.

- tink
Yes...it's called "WhOA" (whistle obsessive acquisition disorder). You may think you will escape, but just wait a few weeks or months! Whistles are addictive! You may be thinking right now "No problem...I can stop at just one...or two...or two dozen" (everybody thinks that at first), but one morning you will wake up surrounded by a plethora of tube thingies in assorted sizes, shapes and colors and realize you that you are well and truly hooked! :wink:

Redwolf
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Ava, it was just a tiny little WAV clip of Mr. Spock saying "I find it... very interesting."

I was going to follow the flow of Trek comments on the 1st page... :grin:
Light spills into the hidden valley,
Illuminating the falls, paths, and
The breathtaking Elvish dwelling
Set back among great trees.
Lilting strains of Elven songs fill my heart;
I am finally home.
~Isilwen Elanessë
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Awesome, as I believe one says over there.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
skywatcher

Post by skywatcher »

WhOA, Dale!
Looks good! I also have a blue anodized low D. It was competing with my husband for "the Love of my Life" title until my green low F showed up a week before CHRISTmas. Now I'm not sure which whistle will get it. I heard that you and Vaporlock also got an anodized low F from Colin. SWEET!!!
Enjoy!
"Watchin' the sky, ready to fly!"
Paperclip

Post by Paperclip »

I had this mental image of an underground lair, with Dale in a three-piece tux showing unsuspecting victims, er...visitors his whistle collection, encased in seperate glass boxes like in the museum. (The whistles, not Dale and the visitors.) There was overhead lighting, which cast moody shadows in the corners and lit Dale with an erie, obsessed glow. Now that I know the truth, a little bit of me has died. I am reassured, maybe just assured of Dale's sanity, but now I'm questioning my own.... those O'Riordans....those O'Riordans...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Me'thinks that the Wise One doesn't play his beloved O'Riordan concert set -- at all! I have had my set for seven years and they were that nice deep red colour that Dale's are now, when I got them new!

Now they are very dark, heading towards black, from playing and oiling.

Me'thinks yours should be raffled off for a king's ransom.

MarkB
madguy

Post by madguy »

Dale, I'll wrestle you for the Hohner!!!!

~Larry
jeffmiester

Post by jeffmiester »

Hellish whistle forest! lol, too funny! I can just imagine a whistle ent wandering around in there keeping the place up. heh, heh. Oh, and lets have a big hand for Mrs. Undisputed for putting up with all that.
---The opinions and views expressed in this post are not necessarily the author's opinions. If you agree with them, they are mine. If you disagree, they are someone else's.---
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dale, thanks for the look into the cockpit of Daleforce One. AWESOME whistle collection! The blue Overtons are amazing!
John-N

Post by John-N »

Dood,

You should really upgrade your phone!

-J :wink: