Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
devondancer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Devondancer update

Post by devondancer »

Thank you, Sarah, for those updates! I think the board came back while we were asleep, here!

Lesley is well, still very tired, but delighted to be home again. She has spent most of her time asleep, :sleep: , but with a little encouragement :poke: I hope to take her to the sea this afternoon. It has been so long since she has seen it!

Her physio restarts tomorrow, we hope more successfully than last time! At least her strong heart matches her strong insides, this time! I hope that her mobility gradually improves, as she is desperate to turn that stick into a whistle and she now has access to the tools!

We will keep in touch with you all, and will no doubt turn up in various odd places on the boards. You have been such an amazing support to us both, have saved me from drowning in panic and have hung onto Lesley through sheer weight of numbers. We can never thank you enough for being such wonderful friends to us.

With our love,

Lesley and Ro
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

:) :party: :D :) :party: :D :) :party: :D
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

If we had to choose one thread for Rich to migrate to the new board, this one would be it.
tansy

Post by tansy »

yep, i worry when i don't hear any news from Devon for a couple of days :thumbsup: :)
shy the blond water
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Thank you, you dear people!

Ro took me to the sea early this afternoon, while the weather was still kind. It was blowing a gale, but the sun was shining, there was blue sky, big fat white clouds and splashy waves. What joy to be out in real air at last! Cambridge, what I saw of it, was very pleasant, but flat, and it has no sea! The wind was so strong that it was hard to walk, but Ro hung onto me, I hung onto my stick which was trying to blow away, and we managed a short walk. Lovely.

Ro also took me to church, with my whistle, which shared in my thank you.

I had a letter today from the parents of my donor. I was not allowed to contact them directly, but left a letter with the Transplant Services to be given to them if they wanted to know about “their” recipient. He was a young man called David, who died of a brain tumour and left all his usable organs to give life to other people. I feel incredibly humble and hope that I can live up to his courage. I shall try.

May I add my thank you to Ro’s? You are the most amazing group of people I have ever (not) met and your kindness and friendship has made the last few months bearable for both of us, even fun at times. This may be the last time either of us actually says thank you, but it will not be the last time we think it, or think about you all. We are both so grateful.

With love,

Lesley
gregdidge

Post by gregdidge »

Isn't it an awesome blessing. Even in death, David (your donor) defeated another giant!
Laura
It is important not to mistake the edge of a rut for the horizon!

Greg
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

Exactly how I feel, Laura. And lovely to hear from you.

Lesley
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

gregdidge wrote:Isn't it an awesome blessing. Even in death, David (your donor) defeated another giant!
Laura
Amen!

I have no doubt whatsoever that his soul is very happy with this result! Bless him and his family for such a wonderful gift.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

anniemcu wrote:
gregdidge wrote:Isn't it an awesome blessing. Even in death, David (your donor) defeated another giant!
Laura
Amen!

I have no doubt whatsoever that his soul is very happy with this result! Bless him and his family for such a wonderful gift.
There is great honor in facing death in such a way, so that by dying, you enable another to live--I would think his family and friends take comfort in the knowledge that part of him still lives on, in you.

It is wonderful to hear of your progress.

You two take good care of each other.

Best wishes to you, and warmest thoughts, and know that I am and remain

Your friend,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Ah, what lovely news! Welcome home Lesley!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Ain't that some sheet! I made it through 54 pages of this thread without once shedding a tear til Lesley told us about the heart donor. Dang it. She did that on purpose.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Wonderful, wonderful, truly wonderful. :)
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

Welcome home Lesley.

May you and Roland have a long, wonderful, boring life together (I think you've had quite enough excitement). :D

Much Love,

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
devondancer

Post by devondancer »

You will love this! I took Lesley to physio late this morning, and who should call her in but - the woman she had such a disagreement with last time! Lesley looked a little taken aback, but went in, while I went off to find out how this had happened! Apparently the woman had been "disciplined", but in the absence of any complainant at the disciplinary hearing (complainant having a heart transplant at the time) no further action had been taken. I said I would wait to see how Lesley felt before taking it further myself.

Lesley said that the first few minutes had been very awkward, and so she had suggested that if they were going to have to work together they should clear the air between them. Her offer was not well received - there were no problems on the therapist's side, according to her, and she did not understand why she had been reported in the first place. So - Lesley told her, in no uncertain terms. I got back to hear the end of it! Various pointed comments on unsympathetic attitudes to vulnerable patients, etc etc. She then said that either they agreed to get on professionally now, or she would yet again request a new therapist.

It seemed to work! Lesley said they had a very productive session, and that there were no further problems. She just hopes that the effect lasts and that no other patient has to suffer. She will be keeping her eyes and ears open, I know! But could you believe it! I am so glad she now has a strong heart, for she really did not need that! However, she seems fine and says that they may now get on well. Stranger things have happened!

So - all is well here in Devon! How wonderful to be able to say that!

Ro
Denny

Post by Denny »

:lol: good! :lol: