Do not...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

SteveShaw wrote:And what about when someone has failed to close the cutlery drawer before cutting up food? Drawer full of festering morsels? Aargh! :evil:
Every morning:
How about a plate for that english muffin? (crumpet, Steve.), I say, sticking one under the thing. I repeat this act of acrobatics as it comes out of the freezer, enters the microwave, gets sliced on the butcher block, goes into and out of the toaster, and enters his mouth.
All to no avail.
There are still english muffin crumbs and those little corn meal pellets next to the fridge, in front of the microwave, on the butcher block, and in front of the toaster. Oh, and usually on the drinking glass shelf where he temporarily parked it to keep the cat from stalking the butter on the muffin. Yep.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

emmline wrote:I have an intense dislike for bits of peanut butter in the jelly jar.
We solved that type of thing in our house. If something really matters to a person (like toothpaste and peanut butter, they get their very own and don't share.) Saved our family.

Also, I only get to read the newspaper last.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
emmline

Post by emmline »

mutepointe wrote:
Also, I only get to read the newspaper last.
Why? Do you take the sections apart and turn them inside out like someone I know at my house?
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Sounds like someone needs a hug. :lol:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

(or better yet, a vacation)
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

fyffer wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:...Drawer full of festering morsels ...
HA! That's gonna be the name of my new punk rock band: The Festering Morsels!

ImageImage
I'd go to your shows... But, ah, drop the "The" I think; just "Festering Morsels."
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

izzarina wrote:
emmline wrote:I have an intense dislike for bits of peanut butter in the jelly jar.
I do as well...especially when I grab a bit spoon, scoop a huge spoonful out, proceed to take a big bite, and then find remnants of jelly from someone's PB&J from about 3 days ago in my mouth. ::shudder:: Vile...completely vile.
It's not nearly as bad as butter and crumbs in the jam jar.
Cotelette d'Agneau
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Lambchop wrote: It's not nearly as bad as butter and crumbs in the jam jar.
True. There are houses I visit where this is a routine find. It fills me with shuddering revulsion. The worst aspect is that you often don't know for how long the offending inclusions have been in there. Could have been weeks, even months. Makes me think of Mr Twit's beard in Roald Dahl's book.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

My grandmother was famously indifferent to things like that. She's shrug her shoulders and say "It goes in, it comes out: what's the difference?"
I inherited that from her.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I think we agree that mixing of ingredients within their original containers is horrible. No crumbs in the butter, peanut butter etc. No jelly bits in peanut butter or visa versa. No pieces of baked potato in the sour cream.

My grandpa used to like off his butter knife after spreading something. That really nauseates me.

Hey Emm - One of my habits is to carry broken egg shells from the stove to the garbage while dripping egg all over the floor. Is that worse than english muffin particles?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
I.D.10-t

Do not...

Post by I.D.10-t »

Do not...

...confuse someone's chew spit can for your Coke can.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

emmline wrote:(crumpet, Steve.),

I am sure Steve had a bit of crumpet in his time emm.

You conjure up some great images when you get the cross cultural wires crossed.
in the past, emm wrote:Just remember what my riding instructor, Miss Julie, used to say:
"Nice posting trot, trot posting," and you'll either catch on or get a sore fanny
That is a classic of the genre (riding causing sore fanny, not a good image)

emmline

Post by emmline »

Peter Laban wrote:
emmline wrote:(crumpet, Steve.),

I am sure Steve had a bit of crumpet in his time emm.

You conjure up some great images when you get the cross cultural wires crossed.
in the past, emm wrote:Just remember what my riding instructor, Miss Julie, used to say:
"Nice posting trot, trot posting," and you'll either catch on or get a sore fanny
That is a classic of the genre (riding causing sore fanny, not a good image)

Urban Dictionary wrote:2. crumpet
British slang for a hot chick
Ok. Then Steve will have to confirm or deny that one.

Now, having looked up "fanny," I will still contend that a brisk posting trot, performed poorly, has done no favors to many a girl's.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Flyingcursor wrote: Hey Emm - One of my habits is to carry broken egg shells from the stove to the garbage while dripping egg all over the floor. Is that worse than english muffin particles?
That's just NASTY!! Flydood!!! My kids do this too, and it drives me absolutely nutty. Why don't you put them into a bowl or something first? Why do you have to get the slimy ick stuff all over my clean floor?

Ew, ew, ew!!!!! :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote: Now, having looked up "fanny," I will still contend that a brisk posting trot, performed poorly, has done no favors to many a girl's.
Ummm...I'm thinking the problem isn't so much with "fanny" as it is with "riding". But I might be wrong on that one...
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.