Devondancer update

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
devondancer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by devondancer »

You are wonderful people and I can never thank you all enough.

Lesley came through the operation successfully - a miracle in itself, in the state she was in - and has been in ICU ever since. I have been with her since she left theatre. She has not woken up yet, but the surgeon is hopeful.
People are so kind. Lesley's own surgeon flew with us in the helicopter in case she needed emergency care, and to make sure we got the best possible treatment at the other end. He said he has worked so hard on Lesley and is so fond of her, he didn't want to take any risks and wanted to hand her over personally to the cardiac surgeons. During the flight, when she was so ill, he kept saying "You WILL not die. I will not LET you die" - and she didn't. He says now that we have had the miracle - the heart being available at the right moment - and that now it is up to Lesley.
According to him, anyone else would have given up long ago, but she has got this far and he knows that she will fight with all she has. He had tears in his eyes; she has made a huge impression on everyone. I could not believe his kindness.
I have been sent "home" now, to rest for a while, as it was a heavy night and Lesley is not expected to wake or change yet. I have exacted solemn promises from every staff member to call me at any change. I was unable to tell her how I love her before the surgery as she did not know me, so I am just waiting in hope, and praying for her to pull through. She is tough, and a fighter, but her strength has been sorely taxed. I will not give up hope. If she is not awake tomorrow the staff have promised I can play CDs again, which might help. Can't play bad guitar music as there was no room on the helicopter, but Lesley's friend is going to drive up soon, with more things for us.
I have her Bear, for when she wakes, and for me now! He smells faintly of her perfume. Paul, she is holding onto that case again - I made sure of that! I also have her whistles!
I have not forgotten what some other family is going through, for Lesley to have received the heart at all. Nor will she, I know. A gift so enormous it is beyond words: I cannot deal with it yet, but hope that we will together.
Sorry this is a muddle but I wanted to tell you her progress.
Yet again, I am deeply in your debt, and can only thank you all.
Roland
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

We will be waiting and hoping with you.

I don't think I've ever been so touched by two people I've never actually met face to face.

With warm healing thoughts, and wishing all the best for both of you,

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

This has been a lifetime of medical procedures, ups and downs, crammed into a month! Crikey.

Once again, best wishes that she pulls through this stretch. I can't imagine how exhausted you must feel at every level.

Best wishes and prayers.
gregdidge

Post by gregdidge »

Roland, Thank you for letting us know. That is such good news. I have been checking the forum every little bit since I heard that she was in surgery. What a joy it is to know that she is resting and the surgery went well. :party: :party: :party: :party: You get some rest too. Prayers are ongoing for you both.
It is important not to mistake the edge of a rut for the horizon!

Greg
MagicSailor

Post by MagicSailor »

Thank you!
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Thank the powers that be! May she now have even better than a textbook recovery. She deserves it. As do you.

Bless her new heart, and her dear-heart.

:)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

I'm glad she made it through the operation alright.
Here's hoping and praying for a swift and complete recovery!
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

so glad to hear the surgery went well. now i hope she will recover soon.
Cork

Post by Cork »

devondancer wrote:...During the flight, when she was so ill, he kept saying "You WILL not die. I will not LET you die" - and she didn't...
That, Ro, is an example of positive thinking, the WILL.

devondancer wrote:...I have not forgotten what some other family is going through, for Lesley to have received the heart at all...

It happened, and we don't know the circumstances. Indeed, somewhere there is a loss.
devondancer wrote:...Sorry this is a muddle but I wanted to tell you her progress...
No muddle, I think you've done quite well at keeping us up to date, thank you.

Now, let Lesley and hospital do what they can do, and go get yourself a good night's sleep!

We'll be right here.

:-)
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

We're all with you both.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I was at church last night for folk group practice. I lit a candle for the both of you.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

That's one huge sigh of relief! Lesley is a fighter, and we're all rooting for her.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
tansy

Post by tansy »

I'm there with you , me she be on the mend at last!
Tansy
missy

Post by missy »

devondancer wrote: I was unable to tell her how I love her before the surgery as she did not know me, so I am just waiting in hope, and praying for her to pull through.
Roland, dear, she knows...... she knows........

I was in a conference all day, and was praying to open the board tonight to good news. As soon as I walked in the door from work, my family asked if I had heard anything - we are all following along and praying for and with you.

Get some rest, my friend.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Thank goodness! Still praying and sending out good thoughts here for you both!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.