The only thing fun..

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

The only thing fun..

Post by FJohnSharp »

about having a bee stuck in your underpants, is being able to later tell people that once you had a bee stuck in your underpants.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

The same truth applies to having a bee stuck in your motorcycle helmet.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

reminds me of a time I was cutting hot peppers and then used the restroom without washing my hands first!
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

You gentlemen need to be more careful. I've never had any of those things happen.

Susan
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I've thankfully never experienced anything quite like that. I have, however, been passed by a poultry truck; it took nearly an hour to get that fowl stench out of my helmet.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Flogging Jason wrote:reminds me of a time I was cutting hot peppers and then used the restroom without washing my hands first!
I've been there. It's no joke.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

I strongly recommend the wearing of latex gloves whilst cutting those capsicums.

Of course, that's no help with the bee problem...
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

When I was 6 years old I had a bee fly up my nose while I was riding my bike. It is much more fun (and less bloody) telling about it than it was experiencing it.
Mike
djm

Post by djm »

So, is that a bee in your underwear, or are you just happy to see me? :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Flogging Jason wrote:reminds me of a time I was cutting hot peppers and then used the restroom without washing my hands first!
Sometimes washing your hands isn't enough. I do my absolute best now to hold chiles with a fork when I'm cutting them up.

The first "incident of this type" that happened to me was in high school, when I put Atomic Balm on a pulled groin muscle. With chiles you burn for only six minutes, with AB it was hours.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

chas wrote:The first "incident of this type" that happened to me was in high school, when I put Atomic Balm on a pulled groin muscle. With chiles you burn for only six minutes, with AB it was hours.

I take issue with this. It was more like forty minutes. I showered three times. It was agony. I suspect the foreskin may have been involved in recontamination.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I've found that the same holds true for having eaten a bee, albeit unwillingly. They do taste nice and sweet, but boy do they have a sharpness! :oops: Of course, you can't recite the story until the swelling of the tongue goes down.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

When I was a kid, I blew a macaroni through my nose. It had nothing to do with bees at all.
chas

Post by chas »

Innocent Bystander wrote:
chas wrote:The first "incident of this type" that happened to me was in high school, when I put Atomic Balm on a pulled groin muscle. With chiles you burn for only six minutes, with AB it was hours.

I take issue with this. It was more like forty minutes. I showered three times. It was agony. I suspect the foreskin may have been involved in recontamination.
Probably different for different parts of the body, or maybe your exposure was greater. I suspect the six minutes rule is for the mouth.

Believe me, you have my empathy.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

chas wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:

Probably different for different parts of the body, or maybe your exposure was greater. I suspect the six minutes rule is for the mouth.

Believe me, you have my empathy.

:o

I'm not completely sure where this conversation is going.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert