what a great community!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mtdtunes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mtdtunes »

I'm a ukulele player (as is DaveN, according to a revious posting) and I'm just getting started with the penny whistle. After spending a few weeks lurking about, observing the general goings on here, I just want to say that this is one of the friendliest, most helpful communities I've seen. Has the same spirit of cooperation ans commraderie as the ukulele board (fleamarketmusic.com)I'm a part of.
I hope to be a regular contributor in the weeks and months to come...Thanks for being here.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Welcome, MTD! Hey if you ever find yourself out towards Rochester, let me know, we'll get together for a few tunes. :smile:
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Hmmm...a ukelele and a bodhran...post an MP3. This I gotta hear! :wink:
Susan
E = Fb

Post by E = Fb »

One of Letterman's "Top 10 best things about Buffalo NY" was: "It's close to Niagara Falls".
serpent

Post by serpent »

You'll be warned about me. Don't believe them! It's not true! The voices told me to do it!!! ........
Welcome to C&F Insanity!!! :grin:
Bill Whedon
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

On 2002-12-16 19:17, serpent wrote:
You'll be warned about me. Don't believe them! It's not true! The voices told me to do it!!! ........
Welcome to C&F Insanity!!! :grin:
Bill Whedon
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Welcome aboard, mdtunes.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Welcome aboard mdtunes. Such good judgment too. You're quite right, we are a pretty fantastic community, even if we say so ourselves.

[Edited to ensure that editing information exceeded the length of the message.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wombat on 2002-12-16 23:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wombat on 2002-12-16 23:34 ]</font>
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Ukelele player eh? Well you can take your uke and leave, we have no time for your sort round here. Hmmph.

Only Kidding! The more the merrier at the C&F madhouse!

One of England's favourite post-war entertainers, George Formby, was maybe the most famous Uke player of all time! The ladies used to flock round to watch him plucking. I used to love his (B&W) films when I was a boy. Now I'm a girl I'm not so sure.

BZZZT-SYSTEM #$OVERLOAD-BZZZT%@-CRYSTAL PEOPLE INFORMED OF MALFUNCTION-FZZZZ€$-DISCONNECT AND REBOOT UNIT CODE MM66-DWOOOAR-(powers down)
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Mtdtunes, you are formally welcomed here by the Elvish community. :grin:

It's good to meet you and great to have you here! We also hope that you enjoy your stay here. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Whistling Elf on 2002-12-17 09:44 ]</font>
Gary

Post by Gary »

Welcome, Mtdtunes!

Pennywhistle is only half the fun. The other half is the C&F message board! Great people, jewelry, jokes, movie reviews, tech support, vegetarian recipies and sometimes even whistles!

Uke, eh? I play the guitar, but they let me hang out here anyway. :wink: All of the people here are great, but the Crys\\al *((((( Peop~*~*~*~* ....MESSAGE TERMINATED....
mtdtunes

Post by mtdtunes »

Wow- thanks for the warm replies. Gary, George Formby is a ukulele legend, as is Ukulele Ike (the voice of Jiminy Cricket and original recording artist of "Singin' in the Rain"). I myself prefer Beatles, Jimmy Buffett, the Lovin' Spoonful and adapting different music (Irish, Country, Reggae, etc)to the ukulele. Oddly enough, I don't play any Hawaiian music on the thing. Now, I'd like to learn penny whistle,since I'm of Irish heritage and happen to like Irish music, but I'll probably end up playing the melody to "Margeritaville" as often as not...
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Yes, mtd, you've come to the right place. These good folks will advise you on whistles, Irish music, ettiquette and life in general. And if you hang around long enough, maybe one will even send you chocolate covered twinkies from Idaho.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jim_mc on 2002-12-17 17:49 ]</font>
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I'm holding out for a bag or two of Peeps, one chicks and one rabbits!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
TomB

Post by TomB »

On 2002-12-19 11:06, Martin Milner wrote:
I'm holding out for a bag or two of Peeps, one chicks and one rabbits!
Martin: remind me of this come Easter time, I'll be happy to post a couple to you.

Hey, my wife and I amy be in London early March, so maybe I'll be able to stick a couple of bags in my luggage.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"