A First in My Life as a Cat-Owner...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

A First in My Life as a Cat-Owner...

Post by Nanohedron »

..or as a cat-owned. Whatever.

So, we all know that cats gotta puke. Sooner or later, it's the the hairball boogie. Doesn't even have to be a hairball, for that matter. Sometimes they just puke. Noshing on grass'll do it. Overeating'll do it. Overdrinking'll do it. Crazy excitement'll do it. Sometimes I'd swear they do it just to keep in practice, you know?

By the way, to forestall any questions about my cat's condition, she's strong as an ox, glows with health, has the vet's stamp of approval, and doesn't really hurl all that much. I'm just saying.

Anyway, there herself was luxuriating in my lap as I tapped away at the keyboard, and all of a sudden I noticed that characteristic full-body peristaltic-wave undulating pre-puke thing they do, and I thought, Hmm. Cats immobilise when in their puke-throes. I wonder if my leg's gonna get it. But she was, in a word, heroic: in a never-before seen act of supreme will, she overcame her immobilisation and leapt to the floor. I was impressed by that, you can be sure. Still, the timing was a bit off. I'd never seen a cat chunder in mid-air before.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
trill

characterisitc

Post by trill »

"characteristic full-body peristaltic-wave undulating pre-puke "

LOL !
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I thought she was trying to tell me something by waking me up with that well-known refrain, "glung, glung, glung," but it wasn't until I swung my legs out of bed, placed my feet upon the floor, and noticed how unusually wet the carpet was, that I realized just how close we had truly become.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

You haven't lived until you've stepped barefoot in a mess o' crunchy wet Junebug parts.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

On the way down or on the way back up?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

I've been noticing the banner ads. Strangely, the first one was for numerology. The next was predictably for cat health. This latest was for "Dying Cat Ringtone". That's just ill.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:On the way down or on the way back up?

djm
Ejecta, mission accomplished.

Numerology again. What's up with that?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I got some kind of cat-clipping service. It featured a "lion cut." :-?
Cotelette d'Agneau
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:I got some kind of cat-clipping service. It featured a "lion cut." :-?

I don't think so.

Now the banner ad offers "Hairball Remedy Lipstick". Only a dipstick would put lipstick on a cat.
Jack

Post by Jack »

What kind of cat do you live with?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Jack wrote:What kind of cat do you live with?
Your classic "mackerel" tabby. She looks very much like this one:

Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

About 35 years have passed yet I still vividly recall awakening one morning, lying on my back, and hearing the sound of my sister's cat Inky starting to vomit.

Alas, I also felt those characteristic accompanying tremors as she was on my stomach and facing me.

I opened my eyes just in time to see her deposit a medium diameter gooey beige puddle of puke onto my chest.

Ah... memories!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Alan wrote:About 35 years have passed yet I still vividly recall awakening one morning, lying on my back, and hearing the sound of my sister's cat Inky starting to vomit.

Alas, I also felt those characteristic accompanying tremors as she was on my stomach and facing me.

I opened my eyes just in time to see her deposit a medium diameter gooey beige puddle of puke onto my chest.

Ah... memories!
Ooh. That's a good one.

Mine's still going around being embarrassed after her flying regurge.
Denny

Post by Denny »

cat hurling in air...

BRAVO!!!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Nanohedron wrote: Mine's still going around being embarrassed after her flying regurge.
What animal besides a cat gets embarrassed? So weird.
Ever seen an otherwise dignified (at least in its own mind) feline miscalculate a jump then look around to see if anyone noticed?