OT: So stupid of a Movie you could not help but enjoy it

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fiddling_tenor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fiddling_tenor »

On 2002-12-12 17:02, ScottStewart wrote:
Yeah, I almost mentioned Space Balls, but I was too busy gearing up for "ludicrous speed". How about "Bambi Meets Godzilla" or "Hardware Wars"? Anyone other than me seen those?
I saw "Hardware Wars" in college. Loved the spoof! I also enjoy "Space Balls" and Robin Hood, Men in Tights."

Blinken: "I can see!
[Walks into a tree]
Blinken: "Nope, I was wrong."
"Put": the act of placing something in a specific spot.
"Putt": the vain attempt to do the same thing.
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Me, Myself and Irene was so stupid, but in such a funny that I almost wet myself laughing. My wife laughed herself to tears at Jim Carey's three "sons".

A seasonal favorite of ours is Christmas Vacation. The lights on their house were supposed to be preposterous, but since that movie came out, more and more houses around here have put up more and more Christmas lights, and now the house in the movie doesn't look as outrageous as it once did. Another case of life imitating a stupid movie.

I thought Office Space was a horror movie, not a comedy. I used to work at a place that was eerily like the company in that movie.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

How could I forget??
Zoolander, a recent comedy about the fashion industry. Some people I recommended it to hated it. I won't recommend good stuff to them anymore.

Being John Malkovich was pretty weird and fairly funny in places.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Ridseard

Post by Ridseard »

My all time favorite movie is Joe versus the Volcano, considered to be the stupidest movie ever made by Tom Hanks and/or Meg Ryan. Here is its hauntingly lovely theme song, Marooned Without You (composed by Georges Delerue): http://pw2.netcom.com/~ridseard/marooned.mp3
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I recently saw The Royal Tannenbaums. A stupid and funny movie that lots of folks did not like, but I did.

The Marx Brothers can't be beat.

But , my all time favorite-so stupid it is hilarious and every time I watch it I see or hear something new

Yellowbeard!!!!! The best thing Monty Python ever did!!!
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Has anyone mentioned Amazon Women on the Moon yet?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

"The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen"
-Absurd and funny
throughout with adroit social satire, but heir to the uneven pacing
common to movies wrapped around special effects. (Mask, for example)
Still and all, its a hoot!
Open the gates!
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Young Frankenstein. I cracked up at the whole thunder-lightning-horse neighing thing whenever Frau Brucher [?? not sure of the name] 's name was mentioned. I love Marty Feldman.

There's another movie whose title I can't recall, abt 2 brothers, one of whom was Feldman. The 1st part of the movie was abt the brothers' childhood, and they had this kid with the same eyes play young Feldman. Stupid but funny too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tuaz on 2002-12-13 22:18 ]</font>
Mastersound

Post by Mastersound »

Galaxy Quest!
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

On 2002-12-13 23:17, Mastersound wrote:
Galaxy Quest!
Ooh yes! I loved that! But I wouldn't call it a stupid movie. It was clever and witty and had great Trek-geek/fandom inside jokes.
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Tuaz, the husband and I really love Young Frankenstein too. Our favorite part is when the constable and Frankenstein are playing darts. Frankensteins dart goes astray, out a window and the next sound is a cat screaming. To really appreciate this movie you have to see the original black and white with Boris Karloff as the monster. You appreciate the jokes and parody so much more.
Mary

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of
which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia, author
(1924-1998)
Dewhistle

Post by Dewhistle »

How about Erik the Viking? Tim Robbins, et al. That one has fallen from view pretty much. I also like a good Muppet anything. But for stupid movies, one favorite source is Mystery Science Theater 3000. I have a long list of favorites from that one... Godzilla vs Megalon, Wild Rebels, Girl's Town, etc.

You have all named so many wonderful movies I had trouble thinking of any to add, at first. But there are too many stupid movies to be at a loss for long.

Sleeper - Woody Allen
High Anxiety - Mel Brooks
Jabberwocky - Michael Palin
Time Bandits - Terry Gilliam
Hercules - Disney
All the Marx Bros. movies

I'll stop now... there are way too many!
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

On 2002-12-13 22:17, tuaz wrote:
Young Frankenstein. I cracked up at the whole thunder-lightning-horse neighing thing whenever Frau Brucher [?? not sure of the name] 's name was mentioned. I love Marty Feldman.

There's another movie whose title I can't recall, abt 2 brothers, one of whom was Feldman. The 1st part of the movie was abt the brothers' childhood, and they had this kid with the same eyes play young Feldman. Stupid but funny too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tuaz on 2002-12-13 22:18 ]</font>
two words: aby normal
so funny.