Time spent on this message board

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chrisoff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Time spent on this message board

Post by chrisoff »

TubularBells wrote:
MTGuru wrote:
TubularBells wrote:I'd like to ask long you typically spend each day/week reading and posting on this message board. I'm curious to know if message boarding can be as addictive as online games.
Forgive me for asking ... But why do you, as someone who has spent exactly one post's worth of time on this board, want to know?
I've spent more time than that reading posts and smart remarks, too. Yes, Emmline, I'm involved in a research project that relates to how people use Web 2 technologies.
This site isn't a web 2.0 technology.

Or more accurately it shows how much absolute tosh the term web 2.0 really is. Forums/message boards have been around since BEFORE the web (anyone use local bulletin board systems in the pre WWW days?) so to now include them in this web 2 nonsense is just ridiculous.

Web 2.0 is just another meaningless buzzword that will soon disappear forever. Much like the sites it encompasses, social networking while fun for the end user has no business model and, like the other big web bubble 9 years ago, will soon burst as the investors slowly realise there's no return to be made on the vast sums they've plowed into these sites.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

chrisoff wrote: Web 2.0 is just another meaningless buzzword that will soon disappear forever. Much like the sites it encompasses, social networking while fun for the end user has no business model and, like the other big web bubble 9 years ago, will soon burst as the investors slowly realise there's no return to be made on the vast sums they've plowed into these sites.
Wait just a minute. I'm very close to launching Web 3.0: The Reckoning. If you take away the Web 2.0, that title will be meaningless, as will my next project Web 6.66: The e-Mark of the Cyberbeast.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

If I want to access the Web 2.0, do I need to buy a second computer?
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

No, but you need to have eight working legs.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Martin Milner wrote:If I want to access the Web 2.0, do I need to buy a second computer?
No. Just hook more tubes up to the one you already have.
Cork

Post by Cork »

chrisoff wrote:...Web 2.0 is just another meaningless buzzword that will soon disappear forever...
It seems so. I've been keeping an eye on sites such as C|NET, and WIRED, among others, and the consensus appears to pan Web 2.0, largely as hype.

To address the topic, however, although I have a number of Internet registrations, this is the only site I regularly participate on.

I usually check in on a daily basis.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I spend less time lately here than I used to, which is good for me, you, and the environment.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I probably have a look around about eight times a day, if I'm not out at a customer's site. Might post a couple of times, maybe.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Don't ask me, I'm a beta-tester for Web 4.0.
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

My family probably wishes I would check in more often- I would keep me from running on about subjects they have no interest in.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Denny wrote::o I'm not here now! :P
still not here....
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Denny wrote:
Denny wrote::o I'm not here now! :P
still not here....
As I was going up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd stay away!
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I'm an active member of several, a frequent visitor to a few and a hopeless addict to two. Yes, I do still get work done and actually go out of the house on occasion. :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

anniemcu wrote:I'm an active member of several, a frequent visitor to a few and a hopeless addict to two. Yes, I do still get work done and actually go out of the house on occasion. :D
Me, too. I'm only addicted to one now (this one). Do you mind sharing which other one you're addicted to? I was addicted to the ACMEPET/PETsMART boards for years and years and I even did moderating work, before they were taken offline.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Jack (formerly Cranberry) wrote:
anniemcu wrote:I'm an active member of several, a frequent visitor to a few and a hopeless addict to two. Yes, I do still get work done and actually go out of the house on occasion. :D
Me, too. I'm only addicted to one now (this one). Do you mind sharing which other one you're addicted to? I was addicted to the ACMEPET/PETsMART boards for years and years and I even did moderating work, before they were taken offline.
It's a homeschooler's controversial issues board that I've been with for a dozen years or so. Good friends and growth. I just have to go there regularly, as much as here, but with loads fewer boards to check. :)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com