Six years a chiff and fippler.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
tansy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tansy »

I've been here since the good ole-pre Yahoo days also, I believe '98 or '99.
I remember the day a friend I was visiting told me about her friend, a whistler in california who was a chiff & fippler. I went straight home and joined. I had just gotten my first PC, an old used laptop with windows 95 on it and this was my very first experience with an internet community.I had it easy :)
Last edited by tansy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
shy the blond water
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I am living proof that a person's worth is not soley determined by longevity. :D

7 years this june...on this incarnation of the board. I have no idea about the others before that. I wish there were a way to access some of those oooooold threads...

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

WyoBadger wrote:I am living proof that a person's worth is not soley determined by longevity. :D

7 years this june...on this incarnation of the board. I have no idea about the others before that. I wish there were a way to access some of those oooooold threads...

Tom

They used to be archived, for a long time...eventually the archive broke down, and few people seemed to miss it, I guess.
Alan
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

carrie wrote:The class of 2002 was indeed a memorable one. I believe Moon spoke for all of us in her valedictory address when she said, "Alan, that's not guacamole. Do you think I left the sour cream out too long?" Still brings a tear to my eye.

Walden, I can think of no other Chiffmaster General who would serve his post with more authority, style, and goodness than you. It is a real pleasure to have "met" you (and the rest of my graduating class, too!).
Well, it is now my official anniversary here at C&F. :)

Hooray for Walden, Moon, Carol and all the grand members of the Class of 2002!

I am wearing my old mortarboard in honor of the event and would toss it into the air had not the mortar dried and the board stuck to my head. I think an extra large tea cosy should cover it.

Time to celebrate. Where is that batch of guacamole that Moon knitted for the occasion? Ah, there it is but what kind of chips are these? Oh well... *munch*
emmline

Post by emmline »

Blimey...I must look up the class of '03 and see if it is near as auspicious a crew...
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

emmline wrote:Blimey...I must look up the class of '03 and see if it is near as auspicious a crew...
Woot! '03 represent!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

They were all good years for those who joined.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

I joined in Jan 2002.

I've learned a lot here, and made good friends.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah, Walden's been here a while. But you know, he's just a lurker, really. He spends way too much time on an eternal quest for the perfect muffin to dilly-dally on the Forum....

Me, I just lurk mostly, too. I spend so little time here, why, I never even noticed that my six year anniversary came and went.

But I actually started posting in November of 01, I think, before I chose this moniker. Or I read posts, or something, but I remember choosing the nom-de-mouse because my first name was already taken by another....
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

I'll be 6 on April 11. There must have been a lot of us who joined about that time. That's also how long I've been playing the whistle (semi)seriously. It's fun!
Mike
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yes, joining here marked the end of generic tooting on the thing and actually trying to play Irish music, Irish style. Nyuk. I had to have rolls explained to me over and over again, I am not afraid to admit. A certain other poster had to have it explained that harmony was not best for dance tunes, so we share the reddened faces of our past humiliations. We know who we are.

As I recall, Walden was enamored of the ocarina for a while there...

But, yes, it's been a long history of taking a posted comment, personalizing it and making it my own, because "It's Always (been about) Me."

By the way, I have the BEST Burke, the BEST tweaked Feadog, the ORIGINAL best Copeland, the KILLER Abell, the DEFINITIVE bootleged Junior cassette, the MOST ORIGINAL tune sets and the most AWESOME whistlebag.

What did you say brought you here??

Nyuk. Some would say, "It's Sickening."

Brought to you by Total Recall Weekender.

Farewell, Friends and M.... Oh, never mind.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote: As I recall, Walden was enamored of the ocarina for a while there...
I recently updated my ocarina site. http://ocarinaland.googlepages.com
The Weekenders wrote:What did you say brought you here??
I first started visiting the C&F site before I actually had Internet access at home. I used to use the public library computers and such. I started posting to the forums about the time I got home access. I don't remember what "first" brought me to the site, but I recall it seemed kind of brave for someone to build such a crazy site. I was brought back, in October of 2001, by the whistle reviews, as I wanted to buy my sister an inexpensive one, as she was semi-paralyzed at the time, and she needed something to do.
Reasonable person
Walden
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:Blimey...I must look up the class of '03 and see if it is near as auspicious a crew...
The Class of '03 is very cool, emm...take my word for it ;)

Happy Chiffaversary Walden, Alan, and whomever else's Chiffaversary it may be! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Sorry folks but I'm the 'oldest' in this thread, so a bit of respect please! :D
Denny

Post by Denny »

izzarina wrote:
The Class of '03 is very cool, emm...take my word for it ;)
yeah?

then explain why you're stuck with me!