Credit card offer.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Credit card offer.

Post by I.D.10-t »

I don't know if this has been done, but I get a lot of fake credit cards and decided to put one to use for quiet practice.

Same back pressure as normal, just jam the u shaped piece in the wind way.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
scheky
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scheky »

I just use a paperclip.
larrym.

Post by larrym. »

scheky wrote:I just use a paperclip.
Same here. No sharp objects involved!

Larry
"For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Ah, but sometimes the paperclip is too thick. That's a great use of junk mail. I'm actually wishing for one of those to come in the mail the next couple days so I can make a spatula/pot scraper.

Thanks for sharing!
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
riverman

Post by riverman »

Ingenious!
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
ketida

Post by ketida »

I just tossed one of those ten minutes ago....
time to recycle!

And just think how thrifty I will be, using one end to scrub pots and carving a whistle mute out of the other.

I should probly post to the "what C&F has done for me" thread, too...

:)
Every time I turn around, I wonder where I've been.
Time to stop turning round, I guess.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

I usually put those solicitations back in the pre-stamped envelope with a note saying, "Thanks for thinking of me, but I really don't need another card right now", or some such thing.

If many more people would do that, the cost of the postage would hit those companies' radar screens, and we might just see the madness slow down a bit.

(Nice mute, though, I'll give it a shot!) :)
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

Another good use for those credit cards is for sanding the windway. I've only done it once, but I just cut the card to size, folded the sandpaper over the edge, and went to work.

As a side note, my company serves as registered agent for a few thousand companies, so we get a lot of these kinds of offers. There have been days where we literally get a few hundred of them at once. And we're a small company! There are others that probably get five times as much as we do, maybe more.

For the record, American Express is by FAR the worst. I probably get ten times more offers from them than anyone else - and it all goes straight into the trash, unopened. Very effective marketing. :swear:

The bad thing is that I put them in the trash rather than recycle them. I'm not sure if I can put them in to recycle if they have the plastic card inside. And I simply can't sit there and open hundreds of these things just to take out the card.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent...

Jason