I thank C&F for...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I thank C&F for...

Post by Jack »

Let's all post some thing(s) we thank C&F for.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I will go first. I thank C&F for teaching me the word "seedy." I said it the other day and it made me think of the time when Martin Milner used it and I had no idea what it meant. :)
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Gee guys. I"m so flattered.

Oh wait....

I'm tickled pink from the people I've met from this site. Everyone I've met has been awesome.
There's ChattyKathy who invited us to her beautiful home in western Pennsylvania for a jam session and unlimited food and really got me into the dulcimer.
Then Missy who invited me to her home for their festival and to meet some of the country's best mountain dulcimer players and introduced me to lots of people who treated my like one of the family. And her husband and I hit it off right from the git-go. He's a great guy.

And of course I'll never forget Martin for spending his Sunday off work showing me and my friend around the touristy part of London. That was the coolest. I wish Beth had been there at that time, I'd have liked to meet her too.
He even rode in the car with us while my friend tried to figure out how to drive on the left and work roundabouts.. That's sheer bravery!
(He politely declined a ride home! :lol: )
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
djm

Post by djm »

I'm thankful for good food, good fellowship, good conversation, good vibes, fond memories, dear sentiments, best wishes, great sex, long goodbyes and ... um ... oh, yeah .... thread drift. :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

nice people. :)
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Bothrops

Post by Bothrops »

...existing!!

And for nice people, of course!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

C&F broadened my horizons.
Reasonable person
Walden
djm

Post by djm »

Walden wrote:C&F broadened my horizons.
There is medication available for that. -oops! - Sorry, medical post. :oops:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Like others, I have met people both in person, and online, who have greatly enhanced my musical and personal life. Not to mention pointing me to some very important whistle purchases and great tunes.

Cheers.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

There was a time not too many years ago when I was trying to peddle my pvc Irish flutes at street fairs, farmer's markets, etc. I had a plastic 5 gallon bucket with a hand painted sign that read "Irish flutes, $10". I felt lucky if I sold a flute once in awhile.

Today, via the internet, ebay, and especially the flute forum at chiff and fipple my flutes are known around the world. The emails from potential buyers usually start with them saying that they heard about my flutes at chiff and fipple. I thank all the good folk at C & F for communicating good words about my flutes. I am glad that I have been able to put my sales bucket to other good uses.

Of course, with my participation in the forums throughout the years I now feel that I know many people around the world, which broadens my social perpective. Being somewhat of an introvert by nature, being a part of an online community is important to me. I hope that Dale and others see to it that we can continue this community for many years to come. I thank them for their efforts.
A-Musing

Post by A-Musing »

Ooops....
I'm a bit of an introvert, too.

Nice to know you guys.

You've also improved my world of music!
You-Me-Them-Us-IT. Anything Else?
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

I learn so much here. I'm especially thankful for the music links. I was watching something on RTÉ yesterday evening-- no way would I have found those on my own!

Before I came here I didn't know about You Tube! I didn't know what embouchure was, or the difference between conical and cylindrical bore! Before I came here, I wasn't interested in astronomy! And I didn't know what a merkin is!

The best part of Chiff is the friends I've met. Just in the last month or so, I've gotten career counseling, a long lesson on the Philosophy of Breathing, and help doing the dishes.

And many many many occasions to laugh.
Doug_Tipple wrote: ...I now feel that I know many people around the world, which broadens my social perspective. Being somewhat of an introvert by nature, being a part of an online community is important to me. I hope that Dale and others see to it that we can continue this community for many years to come. I thank them for their efforts.
Yes-- hear hear!
kennychaffin

Post by kennychaffin »

I'm thankful to have learned what a fipple was. :)

Oh and all the great people and all the amazing information about all things Chiff.

Wonderful place, wonderful people, a true world community.

KAC
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

I enjoyed the Tea thread, read it several times . . . gave up the daily Earl Gray and have been in PG Tip heaven ever since.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

mamakash wrote:I enjoyed the Tea thread, read it several times . . . gave up the daily Earl Gray and have been in PG Tip heaven ever since.
So I acutally started something good?

I forgot to menton Thurlowe, who was very helpful in my early whistle days.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm