Seattle - Jimmy O'Brien-Moran

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
TomC
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Seattle - Jimmy O'Brien-Moran

Post by TomC »

The Irish Pipers’ Club - Seattle is pleased to announce that Jimmy O’Brien-Moran, Fulbright scholar and master piper, will pay us a visit this month. We are grateful to Jimmy for interrupting his Boston sojourn to make this long side trip.
On Saturday, April 19th, Jimmy will conduct a workshop from 1.00 to 4.00 PM. Later that evening we will have a house concert featuring Jimmy in a solo performance.
The locations and concert time are being finalized but the cost will be in the region of $40 plus $10 for the concert, or $15 for the concert alone.

We’d love to see you in Seattle. Come and join us for this great opportunity.

Tom Creegan.
Kevin L. Rietmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Seattle - Jimmy O'Brien-Moran

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

TomC wrote:Jimmy O’Brien-Moran, Fulbright scholar
Far out! The State Department likes a good chune it would seem.
Over 800 Fulbright Scholar awards are granted annually to U.S. scholars and professionals to lecture, research or do both for a semester or an academic year. Awards are granted in all academic disciplines and a variety of interdisciplinary fields. A similar number of non-U.S. scholars come for research or lecturing in the United States as Fulbright Visiting Scholars.
Is Jimmy going to deliver his rap on Galway piper Paddy Connelly? I've heard him play a few of the tunes he's dug up - nice stuff.
The Sporting Pitchfork
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

Jeez, as if I haven't been coming to Seattle enough already...

Sign me up, Tom!
tradcast

Post by tradcast »

Shaping up to be a great weekend. There are a couple of spots left for the concert...two on the stairs and one outside the window. LOL ;)
Email tionol@irishpipersclub.com if you'd like a spot.
tradcast

Post by tradcast »

A great time was had by all. Jimmy played his Colgan set and delighted a packed house on Saturday night with his songs, tunes and stories. Thanks to Jimmy and everyone who participated for a wonderful weekend.
tommykleen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

And for those of you who could not get enough of Mr. O'Brien Moran, he will be one of the guest pipers at the GNIPC tionol May 17-18.

www.gnipc.org

TK
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Sweet like cream baby, sweet like cream :party:

Paddy O'D'Arcy