Jessie's House-Funding Sale!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Hmm. No, I don't have plans to list a picture here. All the instruments live at my parents' house at the moment, and I'm not there.

It looks like other Copelands. The appearance isn't the interesting part.

:)
~JessieD
treeshark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by treeshark »

Well could you then post clips demonstrating the "legendaryness" of these particular whistles, I think that is not unreasonable for sight unseen purchases of this sort of price.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I'm sure it is reasonable to want sound clips, but, no, I cannot provide them.

I have been doing instrument reviews here for a decade (though not in the last few years). People bought instruments based on my reviews and, based on quite a lot of feedback, I believe they learned to trust me. Some disagreed with my preferences, but few disagreed with my evaluations. I am hoping to sell to people who have had experience(s) in trusting my reviews.
~JessieD
Olivier

Post by Olivier »

I am hoping to sell to people who have had experience(s) in trusting my reviews.

… and we have to admit that and expert advice is more useful than a (unperfect) recording. It's a question of trust.

Olivier
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

May I add that I've done business with Jessie, in both directions, many times over the years. Her stuff is always of the highest caliber (she's fussy as all get out about her tooters :wink: ) and she has always been delightful to work with and honest as the day is long.

The only question here is what these lovelies are worth to Jessie. She's the one that must part with them and, as she's rightly quite attached, it's going to take a bit more financial prying than usual to effect the separation. :)

Whoever gets the goodies will have some wonderful stuff.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Would also add a note of support for Jessie's project here. I don't know of more discerning and successful collector of flutes and whistles. Buy with confidence.
livethe question

Post by livethe question »

I'm another one who has never gone wrong buying a whistle from Jessie. I've often wished I had all her reviews gathered in one place.

Just my experience but experience shared by "several" others here on the forums.

Namaste'

jim d.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thank you, Patrick, Dale, Jim, for the endorsements.

~JessieD
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

I was also going to add an endorsement purely on the basis of Jessie's long standing in the C&F community, but that is clearly not necessary, so I'll just say hi, Jessie, and I hope the more recently acquired sources of music in your life are thriving.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
rodfish

Post by rodfish »

I'll add my endorsement to the lot. I've enjoyed Jessie's advice on a couple of purchases and have always found her to be spot on!

Best of luck Jessie! I'd grab that Lon Dubh, by I have a daughter in college right now.... :cry:

Rod
"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
riverman

Post by riverman »

Jessie, are you sure you don't want to just keep these beautiful whistles and live under a bridge??
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
Denny

Post by Denny »

riverman wrote:Jessie, are you sure you don't want to just keep these beautiful whistles and live under a bridge??
I would not call Jessie a troll.

Wrong, just wrong.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

On the other hand, why is she lurking under a non-mortgage, instead of checking in regularly to the CP thread, of which she is the fata morgana?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Hi, Roger, and thank you everyone for your kindness.

Back in another life, I was pretty outspoken here, the effects of which lasted a bit into this life. I made friends and un-friends. When something happened that made me question the safety of my family, it was time for me to leave this community. I strongly appreciate those who are nice to me.

~JessieD
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Jessie,

Congratulations about the house. Having a house is a good thing, you can make more noise and less likely to annoy your neighbors.

Good hearing that it's going to be an outright purchase.
We have a mortgage but it's relatively small, we put 20% down on the house and it's $250 a month - property taxes are separate and will be paid off in six years.