Earth Day Entertainment

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Earth Day Entertainment

Post by djm »

How will you keep yourself entertained this evening for <A TARGET=NEW" HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Hour">Earth Hour</A> at 8:00 p.m.? Besides just turning off the lights, I will be turning off TV, computers, stereo, etc.

Then what? :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

When the power goes out, we have a concert by candlelight. Non-musical friends who happened to be visiting us during a winter power outage said it was one of the most beautiful things that they had ever seen.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
tansy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tansy »

No candels or kero lamps either DJM. I am gonna sit in the cockpit of my boat with my cat, under the stars and play my pipes. Which is what I do most nights. It doesn't really apply here as I am totally solar. Just for solidarities sake, the statement of it all, I'll go dark :D
And I'll drink my whiskey neat, no ice from the evil fridge :evil: ,
which is what I do anyway.
shy the blond water
missy

Post by missy »

well, I can turn the lights, computer, etc. off.

But the TV will be ON because Xavier is playing at that time (basketball, NCAA). Since we watch very little TV anyway, our hour can be used at another time for that.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

In a couple of minutes, just after I feed my vermiculture, the Mr., my mom, and I are jumping in our hybrid to drive to a Bluegrass festival for the day and evening.
djm

Post by djm »

Tansy wrote:I am gonna sit in the cockpit of my boat with my cat, under the stars and play my pipes.
It will be -5°C here at 8:00 p.m. I doubt you would be sitting outside for very long, and your cat would certainly have nothing to do with you.

djm
tansy

Post by tansy »

It's in the high 60's here, can't beat the southern winters :) If I were where you were, I'd be under the covers with the cat and the girl!
shy the blond water
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I'm gonna celebrate by firin' up a big mess o'tires, scatterin' some noxious weeds, then buyin' me a new SUV, mud-boggin' it across some o' them there fragile wetlands down to the river, and shotgunnin' me a big mess o' whooping cranes and trumpeter swans fer dinner.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
djm

Post by djm »

Tansy wrote:I'd be under the covers with the cat and the girl!
If you can't get the girl onto a boat on the south seas, you're not going to find her in a drafty old shack up in the Great White North.

djm
Ronbo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

Anybody know where there is a live satellite feed of the western hemisphere? I would love to watch the lights go out in real time.
tansy

Post by tansy »

djm wrote:
Tansy wrote:I'd be under the covers with the cat and the girl!
If you can't get the girl onto a boat on the south seas, you're not going to find her in a drafty old shack up in the Great White North.

djm
She's here with me now, and I have decided to leave the 12 volt lights and pc on, Itis rainin' like crazy out, no pipin' under the stars tonight. I know the north country a bit as I lived in Montreal 2 years back in the 70's, good people and only fond memories of your country, cooold though :)
shy the blond water
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Earth Hour? Why didn't someone mention this sooner? Drat! Now I've missed it.
Cotelette d'Agneau