Bees!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Bees!

Post by Dale »

Not to get myself in trouble here for gender commentary, but I think most all of the men will understand the awesomeness of this.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1845064?

(Warning: adult language and definite do-not-try-this-at-home behavior.)

Ill-advised, perhaps immoral, reckless, dumb. But awesome.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

So THAT'S what happened to all the honeybees round here!
Last edited by Walden on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonable person
Walden
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Mind boggling. Redneck Jackass....o-mi-gawd.

Thanks for sharing, this is fantastic. Emailing it up to the ranch, pronto.
trill

bees

Post by trill »

LOL! LOL! LOL! (esp the commentary!)

trill

ps: for a good read, try "The Secret Life of Bees". Not about bees so much as a girl growing up in the rural south, but a good read.
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

That absolutely made my night. There, but for an intelligent wife, go I.

12/23. Never Forget.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
ketida

Post by ketida »

Sorry to be a party-poop, but I hated this. We raised honeybees when I was a kid, and I saw plenty of swarms - bees who for various reasons lost their hives and were just trying to stay together till another hive or facsimile thereof could be found, and I even rode along safely ensconced in the cab of the pickup with feral hives in the back, while we transported them to new homes.

Honeybees are really not aggressive. These bees were just lost, and did not deserve the treatment they got. The family who felt threatened by them could have contacted any beekeeper, who most likely would have been glad to take care of things, but it wouldn't have made a very exciting utube video.
Every time I turn around, I wonder where I've been.
Time to stop turning round, I guess.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

WyoBadger wrote:That absolutely made my night. There, but for an intelligent wife, go I.
Amen on the intelligent wife thing. Mine has saved me from many misadventures.

All of the wonderful pyrotechnics noted, there is something to be said for the hurling of the 45 lb. trailer hitch.

From now on, when I have a problem, I'm tossing a trailer hitch at it.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

ketida wrote:Sorry to be a party-poop, but I hated this. We raised honeybees when I was a kid, and I saw plenty of swarms - bees who for various reasons lost their hives and were just trying to stay together till another hive or facsimile thereof could be found, and I even rode along safely ensconced in the cab of the pickup with feral hives in the back, while we transported them to new homes.

Honeybees are really not aggressive. These bees were just lost, and did not deserve the treatment they got. The family who felt threatened by them could have contacted any beekeeper, who most likely would have been glad to take care of things, but it wouldn't have made a very exciting utube video.
Understood. What makes this wonderful is not the dead bees. It's just how it crystallizes something about American maleness. It's obvious that it's not admirable or smart behavior, as I noted in my introduction.
Cork

Post by Cork »

ketida wrote:Sorry to be a party-poop, but I hated this. We raised honeybees when I was a kid, and I saw plenty of swarms - bees who for various reasons lost their hives and were just trying to stay together till another hive or facsimile thereof could be found, and I even rode along safely ensconced in the cab of the pickup with feral hives in the back, while we transported them to new homes.

Basically, I'm with you on this one. Those honeybees could have been easily handled by a beekeeper, and saved.

That's a shame!
ketida

Post by ketida »

Sudden insight! It wasn't the innocent honeybee annihilation that disturbed me, it was the less-than-desirable and DUMB American male response that disturbed me! No wonder I'm single!!

And all this time, I thought it was me. :P
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

ketida wrote:Sudden insight! It wasn't the innocent honeybee annihilation that disturbed me, it was the less-than-desirable and DUMB American male response that disturbed me! No wonder I'm single!!

Me, too.

The worst part about this is that MORE dumb American males will see it and learn that it's a cool thing to do. Then they'll go out and kill something else -- whatever they can find, if not bees. Or maybe just tear something up. Or f*rt in public. You know--man things.
Cotelette d'Agneau
ketida

Post by ketida »

Yeah, but I really still feel bad for the bees. That was just wrong.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I don't much feel bad for the bees. I tend not to feel bad for dead animals in general. Unless they're super cute.

I do feel bad for the swing set, though.

But seriously, it's worth it to set a match to 2 quarts of gasoline. Seriously. :party:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

ketida wrote:Sudden insight! It wasn't the innocent honeybee annihilation that disturbed me, it was the less-than-desirable and DUMB American male response that disturbed me! No wonder I'm single!!

See, this helped you.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Okay, reality check: the deed is done and yes it was stupid. But they filmed it, okay, and it's a monument to well...something. What is really stupid is that the bees came OUT of the house to begin with proving how out of control the whole situation with the landlord is. Normally, when bees settle in a place like that swing set, they will move on within 24 hours anyway and these yo-yos didn't seem to know it.

What really proves how unaggressive they were is that there are no "in the hospital" shots. I guess they were not Africanized. Lucky for ol Buck there.