Caroluna Needs a Title

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Caroluna Needs a Title

Post by crookedtune »

Wow, I don't know about you, but I'm just really, really impressed with those graphics! I look forward to them, and have saved several, for what purpose I haven't a clue.

Well, she only has a couple of hundred posts so far, but what quality!

I say if Nano can be a Moderatorer, and Walden a Chiffmaster General, then Caroluna should at least be the 'Interpreted Reality Czar', or some such thing...

Give me some help with a permanent title for Caroluna! :party:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Hear! Hear!

Howzabout Chief Imagination Officer?
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Imagineering Executive
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Imagineering Executive
I thought about it, but I think Disney registered the trademark on Imagineering.
(I'm totally serious)
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

fearfaoin wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Imagineering Executive
I thought about it, but I think Disney registered the trademark on Imagineering.
(I'm totally serious)
This is news to me, and I thank you for it, though it does not make me love Disney the more.

"Her Carolunacy"?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

The Bird Lady™
djm

Post by djm »

IB wrote:"Her Carolunacy"?
That's not a far walk from "Luna Lovegood". :lol:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Innocent Bystander wrote: "Her Carolunacy"?
Only if I get to be "Her Royal Izziness" ;)

Seriously, those pictures are totally awesome. I think she needs a title too. But I've a had a beer or two, so I'm no help in the name department. Sorry! ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Wow, guys!

My internet access was down all afternoon and I just got a chance to check in tonight. I was shocked, astounded and delighted to get this kind of recognition. Thank you very much!

I love doing the graphics and crack myself up on a daily basis. In fact I probably laugh at them much more than you guys do.
It's nice to know I'm not laughing alone!

Sincerely
Caroluna and her trusty Wacom Intuos 3

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos3-6X8 ... B00030097G

Now-- gotta go shopping-- have to find the perfect present for Her Royal Izziness.... :wink:
pastorkeith

Waccom Question

Post by pastorkeith »

I vote for Carolunacy, too!

On a side note - should my high school sophomore who wants to be a cartoonist some day invest in one of those wacom thingys? He draws freehand fairly well.

pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
Caroluna

Re: Waccom Question

Post by Caroluna »

pastorkeith wrote: On a side note - should my high school sophomore who wants to be a cartoonist some day invest in one of those wacom thingys? He draws freehand fairly well.

pastorkeith
Cartoonist! Cool 8)

This is definitely different from drawing on 'real paper' , but it's one more tool he could add to his bag of tricks!

Mine has a lot of pressure sensitivity, so you can draw with many shades of gray. The drawing surface is slightly rough, and does feel a lot like paper. But the drawing area is small-- a 4 inch by 6 inch area maps to the whole computer screen. There's different sizes available.

What I love about it is that you can do your project in layers. It would be like drawing on a series of transparent acetate sheets-- "OK I'll do the black and white lines on this layer, the flat colors on this layer, the shading on this layer". That way if you mess something up you don't have to start over from scratch, you just re-do that layer.

Also you can make copies of the layer, in case you want to do something different with each one. In the 'real world' that would mean tracing it again.

If I had a highschooler who was interested in drawing, I would definitely get one for him to experiment with. If he doesn't like it, I'm sure you could sell it to another kid who'd want to try it out.

Learning the software that comes with it is also a challenge, but I'm enjoying it. This sort of thing is supposed to be very good for middle-aged brains. (What's left of them) :wink:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

She's really a wonderfully creative person, as well as being friendly and helpful. Lamb loves her memento of Bach and her new wardrobe!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Cotelette d'Agneau
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Inspired by another thread: i carolunei digestivus.
Reasonable person
Walden
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Walden wrote:Inspired by another thread: i carolunei digestivus.
Fighting flatulence 24/7 !
pastorkeith

Re: Waccom Question

Post by pastorkeith »

Caroluna wrote:
pastorkeith wrote: On a side note - should my high school sophomore who wants to be a cartoonist some day invest in one of those wacom thingys? He draws freehand fairly well.

pastorkeith
Cartoonist! Cool 8)

This is definitely different from drawing on 'real paper' , but it's one more tool he could add to his bag of tricks!

Mine has a lot of pressure sensitivity, so you can draw with many shades of gray. The drawing surface is slightly rough, and does feel a lot like paper. But the drawing area is small-- a 4 inch by 6 inch area maps to the whole computer screen. There's different sizes available.

What I love about it is that you can do your project in layers. It would be like drawing on a series of transparent acetate sheets-- "OK I'll do the black and white lines on this layer, the flat colors on this layer, the shading on this layer". That way if you mess something up you don't have to start over from scratch, you just re-do that layer.

Also you can make copies of the layer, in case you want to do something different with each one. In the 'real world' that would mean tracing it again.

If I had a highschooler who was interested in drawing, I would definitely get one for him to experiment with. If he doesn't like it, I'm sure you could sell it to another kid who'd want to try it out.

Learning the software that comes with it is also a challenge, but I'm enjoying it. This sort of thing is supposed to be very good for middle-aged brains. (What's left of them) :wink:
Thanks Caroluna!

Blessings
pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa