Going cold turkey! Aaaarrggghh!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

gonzo914 wrote:And truth be known, a half-assed decent cup of coffee can be had at McDonald's. Not for purists, to be sure, but purists are not going to be satisfied with anything less than the nectar made from beans hand-picked out of steaming piles of badger poop and roasted over the fiery loins of virgins. But for normal folks like me who take their coffee for medicinal purposes, it's got the best quality to price ratio of anything you can pick up on the way to work.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not thinkin I'm quite desperate enough yet for badger poop coffee... :wink:

Thanks for that laugh! :)

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

gonzo914 wrote:Jeezus, james, what were you thinking? That coffee pot, along with the coffee and at least a couple of cups, is supposed to ride over to the new house sitting on the front passenger seat of the car, while less important items -- toothbrushes, vacuum cleaner, spouse, etc. -- are relegated to the back seat for that last trip over.

You might drop by the Stop and Rob and get a jar of instant and a plastic spoon to get you by. Just eat it out of the jar.
He probably hasn't moved a lot.

The local Speedway gas stations have pretty good coffee around here so if I ever get in a jam that's where I go.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

I think he means the civet cat pooped beans. That's actually really good coffee.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Denny

Post by Denny »

Flyingcursor wrote:He probably hasn't moved a lot.
the word is obviously not probably :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

gonzo914 wrote:Jeezus, james, what were you thinking? That coffee pot, along with the coffee and at least a couple of cups, is supposed to ride over to the new house sitting on the front passenger seat of the car, while less important items -- toothbrushes, vacuum cleaner, spouse, etc. -- are relegated to the back seat for that last trip over.
:lol: This is what I do, every time. Really. Face it, James, you're just a poser ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

gonzo914 wrote:...purists are not going to be satisfied with anything less than the nectar made from beans hand-picked out of steaming piles of badger poop...
HEY! YOU GUYS GET AWAY FROM MY SEPTIC TANK!!!
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

One morning (back when I had a job and was riding the train to work every morning) a young woman approached the young man sitting in front of me, introduced herself, mentioned she rode the train every day and had noticed he did too.

She then went on to tell him how embarrassed she was to be so foreward but that day was payday, she'd run low on funds and she was wondering if he could loan her $5. for a Starbucks coffee.
She assured him she'd pay him back the next morning after cashing her pay check.

At the time I was thinking (and I'm pretty sure the young man was thinking the same thing because he was instantly smiling from ear to ear)
what a clever way to start a conversation with a good looking guy

but then after the guy volunteered his name, shared that he enjoyed Starbucks coffee as well, totally understood what she was going through, pulled out his wallet and gave her a $5. bill with absolutely no hesitation,
she took the money and returned back to her seat on the other end of the train coach.

Geesh!
I guess all she really wanted was the coffee.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

peeplj wrote: At least for the time being, Starbucks and its ilk are, while not completely out of reach, are reserved only for true caffeine-addressable emergencies.

Besides, I don't actually care much for Starbucks...their roasts are way too dark, so much so that most of the flavor of the coffee actually seems lost.
I was going to suggest instant granules but it sounds like you're too picky to contemplate that...
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

hyldemoer wrote:One morning (back when I had a job and was riding the train to work every morning) a young woman approached the young man sitting in front of me, introduced herself, mentioned she rode the train every day and had noticed he did too.

She then went on to tell him how embarrassed she was to be so foreward but that day was payday, she'd run low on funds and she was wondering if he could loan her $5. for a Starbucks coffee.
She assured him she'd pay him back the next morning after cashing her pay check.

At the time I was thinking (and I'm pretty sure the young man was thinking the same thing because he was instantly smiling from ear to ear)
what a clever way to start a conversation with a good looking guy

but then after the guy volunteered his name, shared that he enjoyed Starbucks coffee as well, totally understood what she was going through, pulled out his wallet and gave her a $5. bill with absolutely no hesitation,
she took the money and returned back to her seat on the other end of the train coach.

Geesh!
I guess all she really wanted was the coffee.
That sounds like the kind of hard luck story the tramps here make up to get booze money.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

All is well now. :)

The kettle, French press, grinder, cups, silverware, and arabica beans have all been located.

This morning I had two very fine cups of coffee.

They were wonderful. 8)

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

chrisoff wrote: That sounds like the kind of hard luck story the tramps here make up to get booze money.
Oh gosh, I thought mentioning that I took the train every morning would imply I recognised the young woman and young man as regulars on the train.

I guess I'm loosing the ability to tell stories clearly (if I ever had that ability).
Sorry.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Well James. Let this be a lesson to you. Everything everyone else said about labeling boxes and being smart.

For the person going to the island. Maxwell house sells coffee in tea bag type things. We use them when we go primative camping. They're OK.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

mutepointe wrote:For the person going to the island. Maxwell house sells coffee in tea bag type things. We use them when we go primative camping. They're OK.
We take a percolator hiking....

'course we each have about 100# packs....

yeah, 'bout 3-4 miles a day is good....

yeah, outta camp by noon is optimistic.

Did I mention real eggs, potatoes, summer sausage.....
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote:Hey everybody, a place without a Starbucks!!!!!!!!!!! What were the chances!
There's no Starbucks here.
Reasonable person
Walden
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Sigh. Must I explain everything?

In this order, stack a cup, a Melitta one-serving filter holder, a No. 4 filter, a few teaspoons of coffee. Pour boiling water over the grounds. Allow to drain into cup. Drink.

http://www.melitta.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=64+0008

Yes, it does come with a No. 2 filter, but a No. 4 holds more water, so you can make a 16-ounce cup.
Cotelette d'Agneau