If your pet was a person......

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Not so much, finally. How about you?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

warming, the ground has thawed, back to mud....

clouds, rain, can't see the mountains

just lovely in that special NW gray damp kinda of way
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Ah...I remember something called "damp". Seems another world away.

Today, my cat would be essentially unemployed.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

auxiliary heater here....
soon to be out of a job
I gotta go feed the horses :D
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

My cat?

Either leg warmer or leg irons, possibly both. Her main ambition in life appears to find a person sitting or laying down, then immobilize them by curling up on top of their legs and purring loudly.

She also dabbles in being a paper weight - desks and table tops only become desirable places to sleep if they have newspapers or homework covering them.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Oh, and for those of you who, like myself, tend to stay out of the rubber room: My wife's cat wants to be the next president of the United States. If we can just get him out of this shoebox he's been sleeping in all day...

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
PallasAthena
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PallasAthena »

Whiskers (cat): psychotic megalomaniac dictator--she has "issues"

Finn (cat): no idea, but he'd probably get into a lot of pub brawls

Sasha (ferret): demolition expert/engineer

Liam (ferret): herring monger from Woody Allen's Love and Death/petty thief
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

ElPollo wrote:
CHasR wrote:Lizzie the 5yo bordercollie/chow (a 'colliechow', to me)
How about "chowborder"?

In Australia, it'd be a Chowder.. :lol:
yes, yes, yes....

If someone can look at this picture and think 'chowder' they are:
a.) Hungry
b.) Have tasted dog before
c.) Already eating a bowl of chowder
d.) Patriots fans

Image[/img]
Sandy McLeod

Post by Sandy McLeod »

Of our three current cats, all of them quite at home on the boat:

Koji: the matriarch, a cranky 12 year old Siamese bitch until late at night when she allows the other two to get close and loves to snuggle. She even sometimes allows us to pet her during the day. When I work on the computer she rubs on my legs but does not like me to pick her up. Are all matriarchs like this deep down?

Qi: a stunningly handsome fawn Abbysinian with yellow eyes and a very social disposition. A gigilo (but now unable to close the deal) and a partygoer until the sun hits him. Then, like most cats, its lights out. My hero. At least in part.

Tora: the baby of the bunch. Originally the runt of a litter, this Siamese boy has grown up to be a Qi-in-training. Unfortunately, he is not as handsome but he makes up for it with his big wet eyes which turn both males and especially females into homo sapien sapien slaves, especially when he allows them to pick him up. Like Qi, he will never reach his potential as a lover but (also like Qi) I doubt he cares. He is slowly winning over the matriarch and will be part of her inheritance.

If culture is at least in part learned, this is all my wife's fault. :) Good thing they are not like me. :lol:

Sandy

These are the last of the line. There have been four cats before, all of them boat babies too, but this life is not infinite, time is running out and we hope to outlive (if only barely) these three.

Then perhaps we all start again. :-?
Leap into the boundless and make it your home.
Zhuang-zi
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Shiner would probably be a fitness instructor.

Tiger would probably manage a Hooters. He's such a flirt! :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

Well, I have over 30 geckos. I would probably start a mafia.
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

The Whistle Collector wrote:Well, I have over 30 geckos. I would probably start a mafia.
or an auto insurance companyhttp://www.geico.com :D :D :D
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

Gracie - Blue Heeler-aged 17 known years that she's deigned to live with us- has retired from her day job of cattle dog extrordnaire. She loved nothing better than to take a bunch of half wild beef cattle and teach them some manners. She relieves the boredom of retirement by making the other four dogs in our household do her wishes. A true tough old bitch in every sense of the word. Queen of her world. As a person I could imagine her as a female dictator of some unfortunate country, ruling with an iron will and no sympathy for anyone., or an outrageously paid ruthless CEO of a company known for great stock dividends for it's shareholders but lousy working conditions.

Jeeter- Australian Shepherd- 17 known years old- would be retired from his job as a night security guard.(all bark- which can be impressive, no bite) All his co-workers leaving for the day would have liked him but knew little about him since he is a loner.His unknown past would be the subject of much gossip and guessing, because it is evident that he does have a past and he carries the scars to prove it. "Just how did he lose his leg?"

Little Momma ( 15 lb. pure mutt) would be the kindly lady at a day care center or a nursing home. She loves everyone and never met a stranger. Whatever her job, she would be in a social setting and loved by all. A person who's had to struggle in life and death situations and has made it. The hard edges are hidden but the survival skills are still there.

Floyd the Pink Barber (dachsX?) is a monk. He cares for all the others- even to the point of telling us when one of the other dogs have not come in and we need to get up and go get them in. Living a celibate life, he has spent all his years perfecting his calling. His rotund body attests to his love of food.

Hope(skye terrier) does not work. She would be a bohemian of some sort, with no visible means of support- a free spirit. She can handle herself in any situation, and answers to no man or beast. She just hangs out and does her thing- but don't cross her unless you are a member of her tiny circle of true friends.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Professional beer drinker.

Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert