Robbie Hughes Half set In D

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
bambam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Robbie Hughes Half set In D

Post by bambam »

Hi There,

I am selling my Robbie Hughes H/Set in D.

They are on ebay for pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=019

Anymore info

Please call

Many Thanks
rorybbellows
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Tell your neighbours to get lost! if you want to play your pipes play them,in a few years time when your a fantastic piper they will be paying you to play at their parties .

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Pikey

Re: Robbie Hughes Half set In D

Post by Pikey »

bambam wrote:Hi There,

I am selling my Robbie Hughes H/Set in D.

They are on ebay for pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=019

Anymore info

Please call

Many Thanks
Don't you think you're taking the piss here, coming onto the forum for your first post and then touting your own set of pipes for sale elsewhere on Ebay?

It's an insult to the site's owners, who pay for the maintenance and hosting of this site, as well as the members on here, as you're effectively saying to them that they're not good enough to be offered first refusal of your pipes.

A better piece of etiquette would be to join up, join in some discussions, maybe offer your pipes to the members on here for a reasonable period of time then, if they still hadn't sold, offer them to the Ebay community.

But to come straight onto here and tout an Ebay listing in your first post is taking the piss beyond belief.
bambam

Re: Robbie Hughes Half set In D

Post by bambam »

What are you going on about?
Ebay happens to be a very effective way of selling an instrument for both buyer and seller.
I put them on ebay and then straight away posted it on a forum where people might take some interest!
I have done nothing wrong or insulted anyone (apart from you it seems).
Pikey

Ebay Spammer

Post by Pikey »

You're just an Ebay spammer!

You're a parasite, who had no intention of offering the set to the people on here and therefore don't give a toss about this forum, except as an entity for commercial gain, or you'd have joined in on discussions, etc, before posting your spam link to Ebay. You've only joined up (on your own admission) to scrounge free advertsing space and draw attention to the Ebay listing that you'd put up before coming on to here. If you had any intention of offering the set to people on here, then you would have done so before putting it up on Ebay.

By your own admission, you put it up on Ebay, then joined up and spammed it onto here, so you had no intention whatsoever of offering it on here, or using the auspices of this site for what they are intended.

You're just a parasite!

But you're not alone. There are others who have done the same and for you parasites in particular, the owners of this site have drawn up a "sticky" at the top of the board, which clearly sets out the nature of this board and the circumstances in which it may be used for commercial gain. You have breached the terms big style.

You're just a parasite!

You should erase this post and if you are really so thick and stupid that you don't understand what you are doing, then you should withdraw completely from here, before you make an even bigger idiot of yourself.
Beau Comiseau

Post by Beau Comiseau »

It might be time for that group hug thing... not that I'm casting stones (I'm just returning from self-imposed exile and I'm not about to do anything to cast myself back into the solitary salt mines of silence [I almost lost my mind there!).
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

In fairness Pikey, you're out of line. Forum rules - you,re not allowed to insult anyone on the forum until you have at least 100 posts.
PJ
bambam

Post by bambam »

How dare you refer to me as ebay spammer??!!!
Im normal person just selling my pipes that I cant play anymore?
You accuse me of not of all and it being my first post yet you youreself have only made 6 posts??
What planet are you from please?

I would please appreiciate some support from anyone who feels this accusation is totally out of order.
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Just ignore him.
PJ
bambam

Post by bambam »

i will do my best! :-?
billh

Post by billh »

bam,

It's true that your post is technically in violation of Forum rules; members who have a history of noncommercial contributions (and are still active participants) are allowed one commercial post per month. Offering something for sale in your first post is frowned upon. While I don't see the need to get nasty, getting razzed is a risk you run by not reading the Rules.

regards,

Bill
lordofthestrings

Post by lordofthestrings »

This is kind of bothering me.

Mr. bambam joins the board, and makes a post notifying the piping community here about his set of pipes for sale. Yes, board rules are that you shouldn't start your posting career with a 'for sale', and it could be seen as being a 'spammer'. I would highly doubt that this is Mr. bambam's intent. It came off to me that he was doing the piping community a favor by alerting us to this set being for sale. In fairness, there are probably many more people buying things on ebay than here.

Also, yes, the board has rules, but sometimes I get a little miffed when people assume that others with a low number of posts don't have much to offer, or don't know much. You simply cannot judge a person's intent and character simply on the number of times they've hit 'submit'.

I feel very bad for you, bambam, catching all this flack. The vast majority of the population here are lovely people. I wish you welcome to the board, and hope you've not been scared off. :)

Slan,
- - - Spence - - -
A little autobiography, including pictures, Here
Actually, I hate music. I'm only doing this for the money.
bambam

Post by bambam »

Thankyou for your support Slan,
I am still playing my whistles (in my car!!!) and I will now do my best to use this site as a resource for this.
Hopefully Pikey will have calmed down now.
Bill Reeder

Post by Bill Reeder »

The sad thing is that we have members here who seem to dedicate themselves to scouring the internet for piping videos and pipes for sale. I'd bet the farm that information regarding this e-bay sale would have made it onto this forum anyway, and this bit of unpleasantness never would have happened.
Bill

"... you discover that everything is just right: the drones steady and sonorous, the regulators crisp and tuneful and the chanter sweet and responsive. ... I really look forward to those five or six days every year." Robbie Hannan
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Bill Reeder wrote:The sad thing is that we have members here who seem to dedicate themselves to scouring the internet for piping videos and pipes for sale. I'd bet the farm that information regarding this e-bay sale would have made it onto this forum anyway, and this bit of unpleasantness never would have happened.
As one of the main trawlers, I think you are right Bill :lol: :lol: .

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps