What is your real life super power?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Nanohedron wrote:I had a temporary superpower recently: let's just say it was vaporously gastrointestinal, horrid, ongoing for nearly three days, and the sheer unprecedented chemical power of it actually burned me where the good Lord split me. Seriously. I had burns. Scary.

No more sauerkraut for me. No, sir.
Be careful with some of that Indian food, too. That thing that looks like a green bean? It's not. :devil:
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

sbfluter wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I had a temporary superpower recently: let's just say it was vaporously gastrointestinal, horrid, ongoing for nearly three days, and the sheer unprecedented chemical power of it actually burned me where the good Lord split me. Seriously. I had burns. Scary.

No more sauerkraut for me. No, sir.
Be careful with some of that Indian food, too. That thing that looks like a green bean? It's not. :devil:
Pfft. Peppers I can handle. I'm not whining about a little postprandial capsaicin extrusion, here. No sirree Bob. That's bush league. I'm talking kraeusening on steroids, über-fermentation, ignoble rot, miasma most foul, Orkish delight, flatus corruptus, an ill wind of the something-crawled-up-my-@$$-and-died kind. GAS. Bad gas. Monumentally bad. Nearly three days of it. And it burned my butt-skin, not my rosebud. Tell me you've ever heard of caustic poots like that before. I haven't.

How clear do I have to make this????? Sheesh.

Go back, read my post, and learn the power of literary compression. :wink:

I can't believe it. I could eat sauerkraut with impunity before. Aging may have its not-so-pretty downsides, but I had no idea how potentially lethal I'd become. I didn't even ask for superpowers, and THIS is what I get. *sigh*

Oh, well. I was never all that wild about sauerkraut, anyway, so you can all relax. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
carrie

Post by carrie »

I don't have perfect pitch, but I do have perfect time and perfect temperature. I always seem to know what time it is and, well obviously, what temperature.

I can, after decades of playing the guitar, including D chords thousands of times, put my fingers on the wrong strings when I am the only one playing on a stage while the rest of my band waits their turn to come in. I am truly gifted that way.
/cf
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Nanohedron wrote:I'm talking kraeusening on steroids, über-fermentation, ignoble rot, miasma most foul, Orkish delight, flatus corruptus, an ill wind of the something-crawled-up-my-@$$-and-died kind. GAS. Bad gas. Monumentally bad. Nearly three days of it. And it burned my butt-skin, not my rosebud. Tell me you've ever heard of caustic poots like that before. I haven't.
Heh heh. Caustic poots. You have a way with words. I believe THAT is your true superpower.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

sbfluter wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I'm talking kraeusening on steroids, über-fermentation, ignoble rot, miasma most foul, Orkish delight, flatus corruptus, an ill wind of the something-crawled-up-my-@$$-and-died kind. GAS. Bad gas. Monumentally bad. Nearly three days of it. And it burned my butt-skin, not my rosebud. Tell me you've ever heard of caustic poots like that before. I haven't.
Heh heh. Caustic poots. You have a way with words. I believe THAT is your true superpower.
You are too kind. I see myself as merely a piker when clanging away in the wordsmithy, but it doesn't stop me from trying. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

carrie wrote:I can, after decades of playing the guitar, including D chords thousands of times, put my fingers on the wrong strings when I am the only one playing on a stage while the rest of my band waits their turn to come in. I am truly gifted that way.
Let us nurse a companionly dram, Carrie, and commisserate. One always hopes that the audience are too well-oiled to notice.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:
carrie wrote:I can, after decades of playing the guitar, including D chords thousands of times, put my fingers on the wrong strings when I am the only one playing on a stage while the rest of my band waits their turn to come in. I am truly gifted that way.
Let us nurse a companionly dram, Carrie, and commisserate. One always hopes that the audience are too well-oiled to notice.
If anyone comments on it, just tell them it was improvisation and act like they aren't hip enough to get it.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
If anyone comments on it, just tell them it was improvisation and act like they aren't hip enough to get it.
WAY ahead of you on that one, my friend. :wink:
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

jsluder wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
The Righteously Annoyed, "I'm trying to be patient with you ignorant Philistines" eye-roll. Pulling it off perfectly is a true superpower indeed.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Especially if they fawn and thank you.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I can turn blocks of wood into musical instruments... :D
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

I've used my superpower all this week. I can be deathly ill with this cruddy bug I've got and still drag out to work every day, drive all day with the window down in freezing temps and blowing snow, get no sleep due to the coughing and sniffling then get up and do it again the next day.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
carrie

Post by carrie »

Aw. Hope you feel better soon, cowtime!
/cf
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

My superpower failed me today. Got my sub to come in to work.

So, I feel better in that I was not going out to deliver mail in single digit temps this morning. :)
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Jack

Post by Jack »

Prayer. We all have it buried somewhere inside us. The trick is to really find it.