Let's have some fun...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
JSCWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle/flute and guitar player from Dallas, now living in a van down by the river with my wife and two cats.

Former member of Texas bands Flashpoint, and The Here & Now.

Post by JSCWhistler »

I think it was the day after Christmas, I finally got my first burke whistle, and I'm hooked on it!
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

OOH OOH!

I just got a late Xmas prezzy of a Mack Hoover Trad Brass D from my brother-in-law. What a cool and thoughtful gift.

Dayum... what a sweet little thing it is.

So pure and quiet... its got a lot of room to move about though.

What an unusual whistle.

Now I have a night time whistle!

Mack I got your 2687.

Nice work! Its a keeper. :)
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Christmas

Post by pancelticpiper »

Irish Marine wrote:This is fun! Santa brought me the Burke low F that I was looking for, along with a Freeman-tweaked Generation Eb and Bb. Love them all and can't stop playing :D
Ahhh... so THAT'S where the Burke low F that I asked Santa for ended up...
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

No new whistles for me. I actually have all the whistles I want (for the moment... :P )

But there is this...It isn't a whistle, Virginia. It's a Yamaha 642S Euphonium. It's my christmas present for the next, oh, ten years or so.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
larrym.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by larrym. »

Well, I didn't get them until yesterday afternoon just as I was getting ready to go to sleep for work last night, but my Acorn D, Sweetone D and Tony Dixon Polymer Tunable C are here. Now tonight I can start bugging my downstairs neighbors who think whenever you close the outer door to our two apartments you have to slam it!!!
Oh happy, happy me... my first whistling in at least seven months!!!!!!!

Larry Madden
"For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
riverman

Post by riverman »

Your first whistling in seven months!! :o Did somebody take you hostage??
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
Strom

Post by Strom »

A Granite Falls Manufacturing aluminum in D, a Thornton in D and a Syn Whistle set in Eb,D,C and Bb. :) These should keep me busy for little a while.
Eric
"Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere"
Stevie D
Tell us something.: I have been playing this sort of music since 2007 and am in a band called Jonah's Lift. These esteemed fora come in handy to this very day.

Post by Stevie D »

Nice aluminium Tony Dixon D. Just the ticket.
- THIS SPACE TO LET -
larrym.

Post by larrym. »

Your first whistling in seven months!! Did somebody take you hostage??
_________________ No, riverman, I wasn't taken hostage (at least not by another person :wink: ) but my whistles were lost in a house fire in late spring of this year. I've just now gotten around to replacing some of them.

Larry
"For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

WyoBadger wrote:No new whistles for me. I actually have all the whistles I want (for the moment... :P )

But there is this...It isn't a whistle, Virginia. It's a Yamaha 642S Euphonium. It's my christmas present for the next, oh, ten years or so.
So you are ready for next Christmas :)