Let's have some fun...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
riverman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Let's have some fun...

Post by riverman »

Okay, I'll start it, since no one else has! Tell me ALL about your Christmas whistles--including photos if you wish!! :D
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
matahari_1946
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by matahari_1946 »

I don't have any pictures but my three Sindt whistles came on Christmas Eve! Bb, B and a C. And they're all still shiny and don't have my fingerprints all over them yet. Mmmm . . . . . :D

On the subject of Sindts, didn't I read here a few months back that someone had asked Gary Humphrey to make a tube for their Sindt?
~Tiff
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I got Susati in low F sharp and low E flat, thus filling in my only remaining gaps :) . So now I have whistles in every half-step from low D to high F.
Now I'm not a big Susato fan. I really dislike the higher ones, but the low ones play well enough for the low price. These whistles in unusual keys won't see much playing time, but I have to have them in the gig bag just in case.
I had also asked for a Burke low F but Santa didn't come through on that one :sniffle:
wd40

Post by wd40 »

Mellow Dog set. Both are great.
Wm
riverman

Post by riverman »

pancelticpiper wrote:I had also asked for a Burke low F but Santa didn't come through on that one :sniffle:
Well, it gives you something to look forward to for next Christmas!! :D (Or how soon is your birthday?)

Congrats on the complete collection of whistles!
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
Leahcim

Post by Leahcim »

It has'nt come in time for christmas, but I have a Kerry Songbird Low D coming my way :D
I can't wait...WhOA..... :boggle:
Irish Marine

Christmas

Post by Irish Marine »

This is fun! Santa brought me the Burke low F that I was looking for, along with a Freeman-tweaked Generation Eb and Bb. Love them all and can't stop playing :D
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

I did not get any new whistles, but I brought my whistles to my sister's house and let her two little ones play with them. Lesson learned: Don't give children under 5 a whistle if you value your hearing.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
CranberryDog

Post by CranberryDog »

I got a Reyburn wide bore, low F in just temperament. Beautiful and very expressive. Cheers. :D
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I hadn't yet found anything below Bb to my liking, so I asked Mack Hoover to build me a wooden low-G, (mahogany and delrin).

It arrived a week before Christmas, but somehow I held out until then. What a treat to own this! It's a stunning and very fine whistle, as are the other Hoovers I've played. Mack's whistles are works of art at bargain prices!
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

no Christmas whistles for me. I did get a new microphone though!
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Bran' spankin' new Burke DASBT for my very own.

Me likey!

Now I need a narrow bore. :D

I'd still like an old Copland Nickel Silver D

... and a Overton F

... and bunch others.

Greedy?

Why do you ask?

:D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
MagicSailor

Post by MagicSailor »

Hi

Well, nothing arrived in time for Christmas, but I have a Thornton D coming from Doc Jones and David O'Brien has made me a five key copper set from Bb to E with two piece bodies which he'll send as soon as he receives the envelope of greenbacks I sent him. I just hope the envelope hasn't been "rescued" by a postal worker somewhere...
Edit - update - Just got an e-mail from David. The money arrived and the whistles have been sent.

I hope at least the Thornton will arrive soon to keep my emotions under control until the O'Briens arrive.

You know, I really thought I had this thing under control when I learned how to make my own PVC and CPVC whistles and they turned out to be pretty damn good whistles. Why would I possibly want to buy another whistle when I can make my own....? Well, they're prettier and they're different from the ones I make and I WANT THEM!

Oh, by the way, a couple of weeks before Christmas, I rescued an unloved Generation Bb and litterally blew a couple of years worth of cobwebs out of it (no kidding!). I gave it a little tweak, and I must say I quite like it. It's louder than my homemade PVC electric conduit Bb and not too squeaky after cleaning up the airway and blade and filling the airway cavity. And... it's nicely in tune with itself and after loosening up the head to make it tunable it's in tune with the world too. The inside of the bore is still a bit rough due to corrosion. I'm not sure how to clean that up.

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Anchored in the lagoon, St Maarten

My new blog.
Click here for my latest reported position. (Use the satellite view.)[/b]
Last edited by MagicSailor on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bdove

Post by Bdove »

My very first whistle, a Generation D. I'm having so much fun with it but it also might lead to the dissolution of my marriage! Ee gads!
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

MagicSailor wrote:Oh, by the way, a couple of weeks before Christmas, I rescued an unloved Generation Bb and litterally blew a couple of years worth of cobwebs out of it (no kidding!). I gave it a little tweak, and I must say I quite like it.
Love the Gen Bb whistles. :)
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.