Happy Halloween Chiffsters!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

Happy Halloween Chiffsters!

Post by emmline »

blurry, but no flash!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Trick or treat!
Smell my feet!
Give me something good to eat!
Reasonable person
Walden
jkwest
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Happy Halloween everyone...be safe Easterners..as you start your Tricking and treating...

Nice pic Walden!! Very festive!

Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
the less I know-Michael Franti
rh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

We've got a tropical storm blowing past us... hard to keep the jack-o-lantern lit...
there is no end to the walking
djm

Post by djm »

No kiddies at the door at all this year. And here I am with all these mini chocolate bars, and there's no-one around to hear their tiny cries, or see what happens when the wrappers are torn from their little, brown bodies. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha :twisted:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

We enjoyed helping our granddaughter make the rounds. She had a blast and so did we. :D

No one ever comes to our house-too far off the road and I sure wouldn't let my kids out here with all these dogs carryin' on. But wait, we did have one visitor- when we got back home there was a possum(an oppossum if you prefer) , on our porch eating dog food from one of the bowls!!!! :lol: Our two old dogs are definitely feeling their old age I guess, because they didn't even realize it was there. We kept the inside dogs in until we sent the "goblin" on it's way.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
emmline

Post by emmline »

We probably got 15 or so kids at the door. A typical year.
pastorkeith

Post by pastorkeith »

Had to move the pumpkins inside this year - gotta love those late season Tropical Storms kicking up winds.

Took the youngin' around the block - is it me or are people abandoning Halloween - more than half of the houses were dark again this year.

pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
oregonden

Post by oregonden »

Happy Halloween from Oregon!
38 degrees here but, no rain. We had a good bunch o' Trick or Treaters tonight. Great costumes! Be safe and have fun :)

Dennis
Make It Fun!
Dunphys Hornpipe
mukade

Post by mukade »

A good Halloween this year.

I only had one American ask if we had Halloween in Europe - a record low.

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

41 kids. Warmer than usual, temperature in the mid-40's and no rain or snow for a change.

My daughter wasn't going to trick-or-treat because she's 16, but she didn't want to miss out on the candy, so she collected canned goods for the food bank and got candy besides. Now we have to get over to the food bank sometime soon and donate the food.
Charlene
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Man, what a great Halloween. Not too warm, not too cool. It got
dark later, so I could go to session and still make it home in time
to help fund the dental profession. We had fewer kids than past
years, but still a goodly number. I think it's because it was a school
night, so they stopped coming by earlier this year.

P.S., love the jacks o'lantern, Emm!
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

We had nice Fall weather for Halloween this year, so there were a lot of trick-or-treat kids on the street. Two of our grandkids came by before dark. Six-year-old Maddy was dressed up as Superwoman. She was so cute. I would guess that we had about 30 kids at our door. Everyone got a small bag of M&M's and three pieces of bubble gum. They seemed to be satisfied with that. What they didn't know was that I had gone through the bowl and selected out the bags of dark chocolate M&M's for myself. We did have one late knock on the door at 9 PM. I had forgotten to turn off the electric candle in my plastic pumpkin on the porch. My wife was already watching TV in her nightgown, so I was called from my workroom to answer the door. Two young boys not in costume were trying to lay in an extra supply of candy, I suppose. The oldest boy said that he wanted the M&M's with peanuts. That is my favorite, too.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

We usually get around 30 or so trick-or-treaters, but this year it was about half that number. Very few really young ones this year; mostly kids in the 10-12 year range. I guess the kids in our neighborhood are growing up.

I know this is a bit late for Halloween, but I can't resist a bad pun (especially an old one):
A man was walking home alone late one foggy night, When behind him he hears:

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Walking faster, he looks back and through the fog he makes out the image of an upright casket banging its way down the middle of the street toward him.

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

Terrified, the man begins to run toward his home, the casket bouncing quickly behind him

FASTER...

FASTER...

BUMP...

BUMP...

BUMP...

He runs up to his door, fumbles with his keys, opens the door, rushes in, slams and locks the door behind him.

However, the casket crashes through his door, with the lid of the casket clapping

Clappity-BUMP...

Clappity-BUMP...

Clappity-BUMP...

It's on his heels... the terrified man runs.

Rushing upstairs to the bathroom, the man locks himself in. His heart is pounding; his head is reeling; his breath is coming in sobbing gasps.

With a loud CRASH... the casket breaks down the door.

Bumping and clapping toward him.

The man screams and reaches for something, anything, But all he can find is a bottle of cough syrup!

Desperate, he throws the cough syrup at the casket...

And then all at once

The coffin stops
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jsluder wrote:We usually get around 30 or so trick-or-treaters, but this year it was about half that number. Very few really young ones this year; mostly kids in the 10-12 year range. I guess the kids in our neighborhood are growing up.

I know this is a bit late for Halloween, but I can't resist a bad pun (especially an old one):
And then all at once
The coffin stops
BWAAHAHAHA!

We had a great Halloween. The temperature was nice, not too cold. No rain or snow.
My wife and I along with my sister and brother-in-law took our kids trick or treating in my mother's neighborhood. I'll post up some photos when I get home from the office.
Hope everyone had a safe and fun evening!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown