What are you called most often?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ElPollo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What are you called most often?

Post by ElPollo »

We already have a thread for the names/words people use to describe our whistles.

I wonder how versatile people are in giving us nicknames when they hear us playing, or when we tell them we've decided to start playing the whistle.

So, give me your stories people, please? :)

(Yes, the inspiration for this thread came today, when my sister called me a weirdo for whishing for a Burke Viper for my 30th birthday in january :boggle: )
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Nothing the moderators won't kick me off for. :lol:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Flogging Jason
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

There is a folk/punk group in town that refers to me as "tootely tootely" whenever I happen across one of their gigs and happen to have a whistle. The rest of the time I'm just "that guy with the curly moustache that plays the flutes".
breqwas

Post by breqwas »

"Man with a pipe"
Dabri

Post by Dabri »

I'm still Squidward to my husband. (You know, from the cartoon Spongebob?) Even though even my kids admit I'm sounding "pretty good" now (to them).

I say he's just jealous. :wink:

Dabri
john17

Post by john17 »

People at work call me "whistle boy" and those who watch the t.v. show "The Office" like to call me Dwight, even though he plays a garishly bright green recorder. Grrrrrrr!!!!

John
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

I'm not directly called anything, but I have co-worker that keeps asking how the "meat flute" is coming. :( :swear:
PallasAthena

Post by PallasAthena »

I generally only play in front of people who already know me and thus already have non-whistle related names for me.
Tucson Whistler

Post by Tucson Whistler »

My husband calls me his whistle nerd. I'm sure it's meant with love :lol:
"Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
~Oscar Wilde
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

I often get called a pennywhistler by my grandfather, or tinwhistler by my dad...

Or when I pull out the pipes, it's bagpiper...

-Eric
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

I do have one friend who always introduces me as "this is my friend who plays the skin flute". I'm not at all fond of that one :really:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

straycat82 wrote:I do have one friend who always introduces me as "this is my friend who plays the skin flute". I'm not at all fond of that one :really:
Seems odd for him to bring up your leisure activities in mixed company... :wink:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

my family calls me "liberace" whenever i am playing an instrument. when i was a kid i learned to play the piano. when we did house chores, i could play the piano as long as i kept everyone entertained. that meant playing and singing songs that they wanted to hear. once i went through my repoitoire then i had to join in on the cleaning. i worked very hard to play well, entertainingly, and to build up my repoitoire. my mom is a fan of barbara streisand and one of my brothers loved show tunes. i often had to play that song, "feelings" but the sheet music that i had also had the spanish translation, "dime" singing that version made it not so excruciating.

my little brother was a sports fan like no other. we called him roberto clemente. trilling the r especially annoyed him.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
wvwhistler

Post by wvwhistler »

Usually "hello or hi!" People seem to have trouble remembering my name. :sniffle:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
"All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed." - Sean O'Casey
Bothrops

Post by Bothrops »

wvwhistler wrote:Usually "hello or hi!" People seem to have trouble remembering my name. :sniffle:
LOL!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: