the wee hours of the morning

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

When do the wee hours of the morning start?

12:00 midnight
21%
1:00 am
19%
2:00 am
19%
3:00 am
17%
4:00 am
11%
5:00 am or later
No votes
no precise time
6%
other answer
6%

Total votes: 47

Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Charlene wrote:
djm wrote:Sometimes I just can't get out of bed fast enough, especially when my feet have cramped up. By the time I've managed to stagger down the stairs I'm about ready to burst. I finally get to the water closet and appreciate being a man.

"ARRRRRR"

djm
You guys have it so easy - especially if you're out camping! No trying to find the right path to the restrooms in the wee small hours of the morning with a fading flashlight - any tree will do!
In the "wee" hours of the morning...LOL..... :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Once upon a time there was a Church Picnic.

All went well until, late in the afternoon, the adults were drowsy and the children went looking for somewhere quiet to have a pee.
Unfortunately, all the secluded areas seemed to be occupied by nettles, and the little girls had a tough time.

Then one caught sight of one of the boys, merrily discharging himself in the usual way. She was impressed and pointed it out to her fellows, saying,
"That's a handy thing to bring along to a picnic!"
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:That's cuz once you're down and settled they know you're not going anywhere. You just have to scratch them then.

djm
That's one approach to the scene. Mine, though, has two different ones from that: she'll sit there out of reach, and just...watch. Spooky. Her other thing is that she regularly likes to drink from a thin stream from the bathroom sink faucet; often as not my own trips to the john are as good an opportunity as any for her, of course, but at those times she'll wait to drink until I commence...um...desorbing. There's no mistaking the timing. Kinky little monster...
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Hi, guy. You've been pretty quiet lately. Must be all that running to the bathroom in the wee hours.

Your cat's behaviour is not uncommon. I know there's certainly nothing like the sound of a running water fawcett to set my own wee alarm off. Apparently, your cat is opening your water fawcet just to see this classic response in you - a sort of "Pavlov in Reverse: The Cat's Revenge."

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

djm wrote:I know there's certainly nothing like the sound of a running water fawcett to set my own wee alarm off.
A running water fawcett... Is that anything like a jogging Farrah Fawcett?
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:Hi, guy. You've been pretty quiet lately. Must be all that running to the bathroom in the wee hours.

Your cat's behaviour is not uncommon. I know there's certainly nothing like the sound of a running water fawcett to set my own wee alarm off. Apparently, your cat is opening your water fawcet just to see this classic response in you - a sort of "Pavlov in Reverse: The Cat's Revenge."

djm
If only. I have to turn on the faucet for her. All I have to do is get up off my dead butt, and she runs to the bathroom doorway, looking at me over her shoulder with a "Drinkies???" look on her face. It's one of her ways of being assured that I care.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
djm

Post by djm »

When she starts to pat you on the head afterwards, I'd take that as a sign.

djm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:When she starts to pat you on the head afterwards, I'd take that as a sign.

djm
Actually, she does that, in a way. She won't ever rub up against me, but she'll stand close and pat and stroke at me with her tail. She's eccentric that way. And yes, sometimes it's my head or face that gets patted. I try to catch her tail in my jaws, then. A dangerous game, but irresistible.
djm

Post by djm »

Eeewwwww! Yuck! You need to get one of jim stone's dollies. :wink:

djm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:Eeewwwww! Yuck! You need to get one of jim stone's dollies. :wink:

djm
As they say, what does not kill me makes me stronger. Pathogens are our friends. :wink:
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

From Wiki. Cat tails are edible and nutritious!
Cattail has a wide variety of parts that are edible to humans. The rhizomes are a pleasant, nutritious and energy-rich food source, generally harvested from late Fall to early Spring. These are starchy, but also fibrous, so the starch must be scraped or sucked from the tough fibers. In addition to the rhizomes, cattails have little-known, underground, lateral stems that are quite tasty. In late Spring, the bases of the leaves, while they are young and tender, can be eaten raw or cooked. As the flower spike is developing in early Summer, it can be broken off and eaten, and in mid-Summer, once the flowers are mature, the pollen can be collected and used as a flour supplement or thickener.
Denny

Post by Denny »

jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Seems like everywhere I go
The more I see
the less I know-Michael Franti
HDSarah

Post by HDSarah »

Well, the cat had my tongue, but let go when the baby bit it so now I can speak my opinion.

I'm holding to my Scottish heritage here: ''wee'' means ''very small.'' Thus, it is obvious that the ''wee hours'' are the small hours, and would start at 1:00 a.m. 2 and 3 are also pretty small numbers, so I'd count them as the wee hours too.
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
Jack

Post by Jack »

HDSarah wrote:Well, the cat had my tongue, but let go when the baby bit it so now I can speak my opinion.

I'm holding to my Scottish heritage here: ''wee'' means ''very small.'' Thus, it is obvious that the ''wee hours'' are the small hours, and would start at 1:00 a.m. 2 and 3 are also pretty small numbers, so I'd count them as the wee hours too.
Interesting. So, do the guys who say wee hours are when they wee mean they have wee wee wees? :lol:

(It's so fun to write the word "wee" three times in a row and make sense!)