Does it happen to you..

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mordred
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Does it happen to you..

Post by mordred »

..that some days you feel like everything you do is smoother? Does it happen to you that some days you can play better any instrument?

I love those days! :D
djm

Post by djm »

I am sooooo tempted ...... :swear:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
buddhu

Re: Does it happen to you..

Post by buddhu »

mordred wrote:..that some days you feel like everything you do is smoother? Does it happen to you that some days you can play better any instrument?...
Nope. Ask anyone who play with me regularly. Doesn't happen.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Anstapa

Post by Anstapa »

mordred wrote:..that some days you feel like everything you do is smoother? Does it happen to you that some days you can play better any instrument?

Yes and when it does I look for salt shaker on the bar in the pub, open the lid and make a salt circle around my feet, ask for some garlic bread and hang that around my neck and prey that I haven't been cursed. Because knowing myself it is more of an abnominaly than the actual thing and that I am not delusional.

Anstapa
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

mordred wrote:..that some days you feel like everything you do is smoother? Does it happen to you that some days you can play better any instrument?

Sure do... but only when nobody's looking... or listening...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Yes and on those days I also seem to know the right words for every situation, and have a kind word for everybody...

enjoy your day and may you have many more days just like it!
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I think that there is a lot of mental and physical capacity that we are not using. We all have heard stores of people who were able to perform extraordinary feats when required to do so by circumstances.

I have heard it being referred to as "being in the zone" or some such expression. I used to practice the classical guitar for hours every day. Without any special effort or decision on my part, I would often slip into a period of time when I was able to play especially well and without much effort. I have also had this experience when I was hiking in the mountains. Suddendly, I would become aware that I had entered into a different way of experiencing reality. I felt as if I was almost floating instead of plodding up the mountain trail, which was my normal experience. I sure wish that I knew how to simply turn-on those moments.
djm

Post by djm »

It's called an acid flashback, Doug. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Anstapa wrote: ......abnominaly
something that cannot be named?
:P
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

talasiga wrote:
Anstapa wrote: ...... abnominaly
something that cannot be named?
:P
abomination+anomaly=abnominaly ?
abomination+nominal=abnominaly ? :P :wink:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
mordred

Post by mordred »

Doug_Tipple wrote:I think that there is a lot of mental and physical capacity that we are not using. We all have heard stores of people who were able to perform extraordinary feats when required to do so by circumstances.

I have heard it being referred to as "being in the zone" or some such expression. I used to practice the classical guitar for hours every day. Without any special effort or decision on my part, I would often slip into a period of time when I was able to play especially well and without much effort. I have also had this experience when I was hiking in the mountains. Suddendly, I would become aware that I had entered into a different way of experiencing reality. I felt as if I was almost floating instead of plodding up the mountain trail, which was my normal experience. I sure wish that I knew how to simply turn-on those moments.
couldn't have worded it better!

PS. i don't do any drugs (:D), it's just.. as Doug said.. really, doesn't it happen to you guys?
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

mordred wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:
I have heard it being referred to as "being in the zone" or some such expression....Suddendly, I would become aware that I had entered into a different way of experiencing reality. I felt as if I was almost floating instead of plodding up the mountain trail, which was my normal experience. I sure wish that I knew how to simply turn-on those moments.
couldn't have worded it better!

PS. i don't do any drugs (:D), it's just.. as Doug said.. really, doesn't it happen to you guys?
Yes :love: and I don't do drugs either :lol:

But several people here have a sense of humor that is a bit dark and cynical. It's like you have translate everything they say. Just shift everything over a few notches. "That stunk" means it was OK, "That was OK" means it was pretty good, and "that was pretty good" means it was off the scale fantastic.

:lol:

Now I'm curious-- I'm going to do a search on "bliss" and see what comes up...
crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

This has always happened to me, throughout decades of playing on a variety of instruments. Some days I'm completely inept, usually mediocre, and occasionally inspired. It was for this reason that I opted early on to avoid most performance situations, and concentrate on informal music-making with friends. I've never regretted that decision.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Now I'm curious-- I'm going to do a search on "bliss" and see what comes up...
I am finding some good quotes searching on the words bliss, flow, inspiration.

I was surprised to see that apparently Nano has never used the word "bliss" on the Flute Forum?! :boggle:

:lol:
Denny

Post by Denny »

Caroluna wrote:But several people here have a sense of humor that is a bit dark and cynical.
hurmp...well...

good morning to you too :D