Whistle Luxury !!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
manu.bande
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Whistle Luxury !!!

Post by manu.bande »

Hi everyone

last time I did surf internet and I've found something spectacular :

How's that ? :o

They're made in Ivory !!!

The whistle's maker is Yvon Le Coant !

Manuel
rhulsey
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rhulsey »

I'm sure those would command a hair-raising price. I would expect the bands to be 14K, at least!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

I don't know if those are ivory...they look more like Delrin or something. But the guy makes some pretty instruments. Expensive too....over 200 euros.
http://lecoant.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=60
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Nice looking whistles but I never understood the appeal of ivory myself. I am sure that the piece could've been carved from white Delrin all the same. Even if made from legal sources of Ivory (mammoth for instance), why deal with all the trouble of owning a piece of ivory? Nice looking whistles though.
LoLo

Post by LoLo »

Thanks for the nod, those are lovely.

I was just looking at his other whistles... http://www.lecoant.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=62

Can anyone translate the wood... Bois de Violette ? I tried Google and it just says "drink violet".
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

LoLo wrote:Thanks for the nod, those are lovely.

I was just looking at his other whistles... http://www.lecoant.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=62

Can anyone translate the wood... Bois de Violette ? I tried Google and it just says "drink violet".
translated with Altavista Babelfish: The use of wood softens the its original of the metal chock-whistle. The whistles of Yvon are proposed either out of wood of Violet (purple wood of Brazil), or out of Ebony. Because of its larger density, ebony has a sound harder than the wood of Violet. The wood of Violet will thus offer a hot summer days than ebony. In all the cases, the musician will gain there in power and harmonics. Below Wood Whistle of Violet and Ebony Whistle.

and here's the caption above the ivory whistles(yes...they ARE ivory): Yvon also manufactured on order, 3 whistles numbered out of ivory! True jewels whose warbling is at the level of the plumage. Caution! It is not worth while to imagine that it can do others of them. Here below
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Flogging Jason wrote:

translated with Altavista Babelfish: The use of wood softens the its original of the metal chock-whistle. The whistles of Yvon are proposed either out of wood of Violet (purple wood of Brazil), or out of Ebony. Because of its larger density, ebony has a sound harder than the wood of Violet. The wood of Violet will thus offer a hot summer days than ebony. In all the cases, the musician will gain there in power and harmonics. Below Wood Whistle of Violet and Ebony Whistle.

and here's the caption above the ivory whistles(yes...they ARE ivory): Yvon also manufactured on order, 3 whistles numbered out of ivory! True jewels whose warbling is at the level of the plumage. Caution! It is not worth while to imagine that it can do others of them. Here below
I just love Babelfish. :lol:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
awildman

Post by awildman »

Can anyone translate the wood... Bois de Violette ?
violetwood. used as an alternative for grenadilla or blackwood or cocobolo. Comparable type hardwood. Used sometimes in oboes and clarinets. That's about the extent of my knowledge.
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

If you go to this page, you can hear a clip by clicking "whistles" (towards the bottom center). http://lecoant.com/articles.php?lng=fr&pg=78
The rest don't have links yet.
Keith
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Caution! It is not worth while to imagine that it can do others of them. Here below
I would imagine not. :lol:

And the clip is some wonderful stuff!!!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
emtor

Post by emtor »

looks like a recorder, and sounds like a recorder.
LoLo

Post by LoLo »

Thanks for the translation. :D
Paddyman

Post by Paddyman »

I guess he makes so much money that he doesn't need business from those who don't speak French.