Posting clips

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

Moderators, stick this thread!

No, that's not what I meant. :o Make it a sticky! :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
cocusflute

Yes, sticky thread

Post by cocusflute »

Pretty please make it a sticky thread.
The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
Wormdiet
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wormdiet »

BrendanB wrote:Thanks for the compliment Sylvester. I really appreciate it. Sorry that the file is so large.

B
BTW are you and Josh returning to Swannanoa this summer?
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
BrendanB

Post by BrendanB »

Wormdiet wrote:
BrendanB wrote:Thanks for the compliment Sylvester. I really appreciate it. Sorry that the file is so large.

B
BTW are you and Josh returning to Swannanoa this summer?
We're actually heading up to the Catskills, so we won't make it to Swannanoa this year, which is too bad. I'm sure that it'll be fun.

B
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

I spent the evening focusing on tone and intonation. Tonight's tune is London Lasses

It's obvious to me what I need to work on at this point...
William Bajzek
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

monkey587 wrote:I spent the evening focusing on tone and intonation. Tonight's tune is London Lasses

It's obvious to me what I need to work on at this point...
Sounds like an evening well spent William.
Nice pulse on those London Lasses.

cheers,
Jeroen
gorjuswrex

Post by gorjuswrex »

This is an unusual jig I love. It’s a Paddy O’Brien composition. It has f naturals and Bb accidentals. I’ve only heard it played once or maybe twice and wonder if anyone knows of a recording of it.
Constructive criticism very welcome.

http://www.box.net/shared/x5p033d1ll
Last edited by gorjuswrex on Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Terrible things happen when you put a flute in the hands of an oldtime southern banjo player! Here's the 'Drunken Hiccups'. :lol:

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=STFtA7YhC59

Shot at 1969-12-31
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
JeffS

Post by JeffS »

In the spirit of learning the old style we should make this a sticky thread. Here we have a bunch of folks - myself included - who want to learn the Irish flute, and others willing to show them how. Let's connect the dots.
"Where I came from, to get enough to eat was an achievement. To get enough to get drunk was a victory" (Brendan Behan)
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

JeffS wrote:In the spirit of learning the old style we should make this a sticky thread. Here we have a bunch of folks - myself included - who want to learn the Irish flute, and others willing to show them how. Let's connect the dots.
I agree with the sticky part but I disagree about it being just Irish.

If you want an exclusive Irish sticky have that in the ITM forum.

I think the intention of the sticky should be relevant to the forum. Simple system flutes are not exclusive to the music (for which they are fairly recent).

My intention is to have a little sample of whistle, flute and Irish specific in my signature because that relates to the three substantive forums I visit.

(I intend no sample that relates to the pub. Basically you just have to accept I am a teetotaller and the only thing I can share in the pub is wit which is patent in my every post.) :P
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
gorjuswrex

Post by gorjuswrex »

Can anyone explain what I need to do with my clip to get it to play direct from the box website; as some of these clips do. As it stands the file has to be downloaded,say to the temporary folder, to be played.

http://www.box.net/shared/29j41llhcv
Last edited by gorjuswrex on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
cocusflute

Get Public Link

Post by cocusflute »

Get the public link from BOX.

Put it into the code as

[ url= publiclink ].... text .... [/url]

No spaces in the first part.

Tell everybody.
The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
boyd
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Post by boyd »

http://www.box.net/shared/gdi4ny5zxq

hmmm....i'm being stupid, somehow, arent I?????

B

....nobody said this would be easy......

rh

Post by rh »

boyd's clip

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.box.net/shared/gdi4ny5zxq]boyd's clip[/url]
i still have to download the file onto my HD though... a 7.1mb WAV file might be kind of slow going for dial-up connections. i suspect the question is what to do at the box.net site to just be able to play it straight through the browser -- right now when i click on the link there's just the "download" button as opposed to both that and the "play" button.

nice clip BTW.
there is no end to the walking
cocusflute

Getting the link

Post by cocusflute »

publiclink][/u]http://www.box.net/shared/gdi4ny5zxq

Take out this : publiclink] so you have (with no spaces) what should look like this:

[url = http: //www. box. net/shared/gdi4ny5zxq] name of tune [/url]

Then it should work. Assuming you copied the Public Link from box.net properly. Before posting do a preview or go to your C&F mailbox and send the message to yourself. If it works you'll see the link properly displayed.
If it doesn't work PM me what you have and I'll go over it with you by PM.