How did you come up with your username ??

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rorybbellows
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

How did you come up with your username ??

Post by rorybbellows »

It never ceases to amaze me,the usernames that people come up with on internet forums and there are some funny ones on this forum.
How did you come up with your username?

My name is Rory Brosnan and I love the simpsons and the epidisode where Krusty goes into hidding and calls himself Rory B Bellows ,and I have a go at playing the pipes which of course uses a bellows so RoryBBellows (quite boring really)

But there must be a story behind some of the crazy usernames on this forum !!!

And for those people who use their own name ,do you have a username of someone else that you think is good,or funny, on this or any other forum??

RORY
Last edited by rorybbellows on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Spartacus .
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Lots of people think my last name is Brewer, but actually it's Busman. Back when I started online I used to brew homemade beer, so Brewerpaul was a nice choice. Since I started making whistles I haven't had time to brew anything, but by now my fingers type out brewerpaul so quickly and automatically that I hate to change it :D
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Well ...

I'm getting absent minded, so I figured if I have to type my own name a lot, I'm less likely to forget it.

What was the question again?

Best wishes,
Jerry
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

My mother gave me mine.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

It's my surname.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Purely by chance I have ended up in a few riots. Living in Belfast helped, of course. But after I had moved to London I just realised that there was a riot going on in Brixton as I stepped out of the tube station. I turned to find the gates locked behind me. I must have been the last one out.

Suffering from mild autism, I've always felt a bit of a bystander. Often I don't understand what is going on. Worse, sometimes I do understand what is going on, more than the participants, and am completely unable to express it. It is like being an alien. This is common for autism sufferers.

And "Innocent" is a proper name. Or it was once. So "Innocent Bystander". Q.E.D. Not very exciting. I used to have a navy-blue sweatshirt with "Innocent Bystander" on the front in white. That got a few smiles.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
emmline

Post by emmline »

I remember a thread like this a while back, and would argue that my story is too boring to repeat, but what the heck:

We signed up for the now defunct dialup service Flash.net at the end of the 80s.
I tried to register as emmaline, a name my dad calls me, but even in those days most semi-normal names were taken. I clearly remember sitting there in front of the Mac SE with external modem typing in any alternate spelling I could think of.
"emaline." (take that.)
"that user name is taken. how about emaline346k12?"
"like hell." (I thought)

This went on for about 5 ridiculous rounds before I hit on the stupid spelling "emmline" and it went through.

Through several ISP changes I've given strong consideration to changing it to something that makes sense, but like brewerpaul I'm kind of used to it.
Last edited by emmline on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Cofaidh is simply Gàidhlig for Coffee, which is my user name on most forums. I've taken that as my preferred nickname, what with Chris being so common, and being a coffee afficianado. (Considering the thought of getting my beans green and home-roasting.)
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
emmline

Post by emmline »

Cofaidh wrote:Cofaidh is simply Gàidhlig for Coffee.
I love it. Is it pronounced the same?
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

I was once extremely drunk with a group of friends and trying to discuss contraception, while trying to pronounce "family planning clinic" it came out as "flanum plink", the nickname stuck with me since.
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I live in Wyoming and, um, I like badgers.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
djm

Post by djm »

Mine seemed to make sense ... initially.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

that is a good question, i just like to collect whistles. my goal is to collect all of them before i die. :lol:
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
CountryKitty

Post by CountryKitty »

Mine is the natural choice for me.

Due to my green eyes, my Gran'ma used to call me 'Kitty Kelly'. I am also a cat lover (typing this with an orange tabby asleep in my lap, in fact) and tend to call to cats with a 'Mrrrowww' or a loud 'Prrrrr'. I also have a tendency to snatch up bugs and lizards and small rodents that cross my path and give them at least a good looking over, LOL.

Plus I'm a natural calico--Blond with red at the temples and a scattering of white hairs. :lol:

I'm also a dyed in the wool country girl--currently living in a county so small and rural that we only have 1 red-yellow-green stoplight. I think the population of the county is under 10k.
Denny

Post by Denny »

my parents had no imagination either