Low whistle Players?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

Not to be a wiseguy, but how about a couple of links to some of the fine amatuer players here who offer so much to us all? They may not be superstars, but I've learned more from some of these guys than any of those big names.
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
uilleannpiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by uilleannpiper »

I don't know about you but I've been inspired by a lot of those 'big' names. Without them a lot of people probably wouldn't be playing.
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

So have I. But none of them have ever answered any of my questions here. I just think there's a lot of talent on this board, that's all.
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

Add Sylvain Barou (Comas)!
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Celtic Woman

big names

Post by Celtic Woman »

Speaking of big names, Talbert is not really a big name. But, his CD is quite respected here and overseas. After all, how many players do you know that can turn something traditional and twist it to sound original? It's all about the talent. I quite liked his rendition of the "May Morning Dew". Sad and dreamy.

The reviews on his web page really says it all. When something is that good people talk.

Oh, don't forget to add Fraser Fifield!!

Thanks!
Women are a large army.
Jayblau

Post by Jayblau »

Piper John McSherry from At First Light is damn cool !
Suppose we were able to share meanings freely without a compulsive urge to impose our view or conform to those of others and without distortion and self-deception. Would this not constitute a real revolution in culture.
uilleannpiper

Post by uilleannpiper »

Yeh. He's great. I hear McSherry is bringing a new album out soon. Can't wait. He's up there with the best. Love Fraiser Fifield too. Gonna be a big name.
Last edited by uilleannpiper on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
uilleannpiper

Post by uilleannpiper »

Yeh. He's great. I hear McSherry is bringing a new album out soon. Can't wait. He's up there with the best. Love Fraiser Fifield too. Gonna be a big name.
JordanII

Post by JordanII »

Phil Hardy (Kerry Whistles)
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Finbar Furey
James Ogrady
Steafan Hannigan
Diarmaid Moynihan
Cillian Vallely
to name a very few

How about adding link or mentioning tracks etc where these maestros can be heard?
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

Sorry it took so long, but here's the finished page as promised. Before you go check it out though, let me get a few things out of the way. While I really, sincerely appreciated every one's input, please don't be offended if your favorite player didn't make the cut. I did try to use a few guidelines, like one, said player had to have a website to link to! Two, there must be some reference on said website to the fact that the person did play low whistles specifically, not just pipes or flute. Please also note that this link page was not meant to be a comprehensive list of whos who of the low whistle world. I put links pages for each of the different types of instruments that I play on my website so that those who are new to said instrument can find out more. Plus I'm also lazy and don't want to take the time to write up fact pages myself! :P That said, feel free to make all the sarcastic, critical comments you want! :poke: (I've always wanted to use that emoticon) And I'm certainly open to any more suggestions of players, makers or low whistle related sites! Thanks!

http://www.geocities.com/kokopellikelt/ ... links.html
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

Fixed the Home button on the bottom of the link page for those of you who wanted to see the rest of the site!
Thanks
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Low Whistle Makers

Post by dfernandez77 »

You forgot Ronaldo Reyburn in your list of low whistle makers. He is way under-rated. I've sold all low whistles I had with the exception of Reyburns and Overtons.

Just my humble opinion. Though there are many who agree. :)
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

Celtic Woman wrote:Cavefish,

You must be a fan of St. Claire's to make that statement :lol: . Can't argue talent.
honestly , not really, but he went in the area i was exploring with low whistle , only i did not have the right midi experiance, only limited, years ago i did a couple samples originals on clips and snips with background midi--but my work and family life slowed it down and now i am starting over-but soon hope to get a few songs going
arnie

Post by arnie »

Mr.Burke answered. He should know as he sells them. Also Colin Goldie sells them a lot as the maker of the Overton. And what's more, he's a fantastic low-whistler as well and plays as a guest musician in Fiddler's Green (Speed folk band)