Does anyone know how to dispose of old medications?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

so i was right in a way? that is a first, i am glad i wasnt being environmentally unsafe. :D
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I suggest they get disposed with Cranberrys old keys.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

How to dispose of old drugs if you don't want to just take them all right now.

You will need, in addition to the drugs being disposed of, a Sharpie and two 1-quart Ziploc plastic bags (or other brand equivalent). If you do not have two 1-quart plastic bags, go to the airport and ask the TSA person at the entrance to security for some. TSA people are always so very helpful, so they'll probably give you all you need.

Have a seat at the kitchen table with all of your unwanted drugs and your unwanted-drug disposal kit. Take the Sharpie and label one plastic bag 'A' and the other plastic bag 'B'. Or '1' and '2'. Or 'Bob' and 'Eddie'. Whatever.

Sort your unwanted pharmaceuticals. Open the bottles one by one and dump all of the percocet, dilaudid, hydrocodone, muscle relaxants and others of the 'will make you clairvoyant" ilk into bag A. Dump everything else into bag B. Set bags aside.

Take the bottles, peel off the labels, eat the labels so no one can get any personal information about you, and throw the bottles into the trash.

Now take bag A and put it up in the kitchen cabinet, where the contents can be saved for later use as cupcake decorations, party favors or just as a simple post-prandial or even bedtime treat.

Take bag B down to the bus station and leave it on one of the less mucous-encrusted benches. Do not touch the bench as that might not be mucous. Just drop it there and walk briskly away. Someone will know what to do with it.

"But what about the children?" I hear you ask, "Don't you care about the children?" Well, yes I do care about the children, but you can't do everything for them. They are just going to have to show some initiative and hustle if they want to beat the homeless people to that bag.

Now congratulate yourself on a job well done. Treat yourself to some cupcakes.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Redwolf wrote:Well, I spoke with the pharmacist today. She said to throw them in the regular trash, BUT, I should first remove the labels and, if possible, put them in a bag with something like used kitty litter, both to disguise the fact that they are drugs and to make it less attractive for someone to go through my trash.

Redwolf

What a handy tip! I'll have to remember this. I can get used kitty litter from someone at work, I'm sure . . .

:lol:
Cotelette d'Agneau
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

gonzo914 wrote:How to dispose of old drugs if you don't want to just take them all right now.

You will need, in addition to the drugs being disposed of, a Sharpie and two 1-quart Ziploc plastic bags (or other brand equivalent). If you do not have two 1-quart plastic bags, go to the airport and ask the TSA person at the entrance to security for some. TSA people are always so very helpful, so they'll probably give you all you need.

Have a seat at the kitchen table with all of your unwanted drugs and your unwanted-drug disposal kit. Take the Sharpie and label one plastic bag 'A' and the other plastic bag 'B'. Or '1' and '2'. Or 'Bob' and 'Eddie'. Whatever.

Sort your unwanted pharmaceuticals. Open the bottles one by one and dump all of the percocet, dilaudid, hydrocodone, muscle relaxants and others of the 'will make you clairvoyant" ilk into bag A. Dump everything else into bag B. Set bags aside.

Take the bottles, peel off the labels, eat the labels so no one can get any personal information about you, and throw the bottles into the trash.

Now take bag A and put it up in the kitchen cabinet, where the contents can be saved for later use as cupcake decorations, party favors or just as a simple post-prandial or even bedtime treat.

Take bag B down to the bus station and leave it on one of the less mucous-encrusted benches. Do not touch the bench as that might not be mucous. Just drop it there and walk briskly away. Someone will know what to do with it.

"But what about the children?" I hear you ask, "Don't you care about the children?" Well, yes I do care about the children, but you can't do everything for them. They are just going to have to show some initiative and hustle if they want to beat the homeless people to that bag.

Now congratulate yourself on a job well done. Treat yourself to some cupcakes.
I just swallow mine..

Then hope for the best...

Some days are better than others but Oh, my goodness! What in the world?..

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

gonzo914 wrote:How to dispose of old drugs if you don't want to just take them all right now.
Given what I have in the cupboard right now (some good stuff, I assure you), and the way I react to such things (I get really loopy with just an allergy tablet)), I'm fairly certain that I don't want to take them all right now :o Although on my cupcakes sounds like a good thing ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.