Feadog Pro D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PaulM
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Feadog Pro D

Post by PaulM »

I have enjoyed my Feadog D so much that I ordered the Feadog Pro D (in nickle). I like it's sound even better but I find it considerably harder to play without making various squawks. On the other hand it's very responsive.

I'm new at all this - I have a Walton D, Sweetone C and D, Generation C and the two Feadogs. I like the Sweetones for more somber tunes where a breathiness adds a nice touch, and the Feadogs for peppier, whistly tunes.

Any ideas on simple tweaks for the Pro, simple tweaks on me, whatever?

And what the heck is a whoa anyway?
Scott McCallister
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

Whoa= Whistle Obsessive Acquisition disorder. (you want and need more whistles)

Try a search of the forums for tweaks and you'll get lots of info about pimping out your whistles.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

cavefish
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

WHOA-----------LOL :boggle: -that too funny
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I play a lot of Feadogs. The Pro does not need a tweak. Just keep playing it. You will soon find that you are able to control it. It is a great little whistle. I have a brass Feadog and a nickel Pro beside the computer all the time in case I decide to play for a while and another brass one in my car for stoplights. Just practice.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
King Friday

Post by King Friday »

If you really love Feadogs try to find yourself a Cillian O'Briain Improved D. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

The blu-tac tweak is all you will ever need to do with the Feadog Pro - it will make the octave breaks smoother and will tame the gurgly G. Have a look on the front page and search the threads for the method - it works. Any more than that will knobble the whistle - you need to get your own control and will thank yourself later.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

First post here. Speaking on the subject of Whoa, the first time I have played an instrument outside the hazy memory of playing percussion for a few weeks in my middle school band, was two weeks ago when I got my first tin whistle. I bought it out of curiousity I suppose. My first whistles were two Feadogs in D (one black and one brass). Since then, I have gotten another two more Feadogs (including the Pro D), three Clares, three Clarkes, and two Waltons - all in D. Heaven help me when there are no more cheapies to buy.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Steamwalker wrote:First post here. Speaking on the subject of Whoa, the first time I have played an instrument outside the hazy memory of playing percussion for a few weeks in my middle school band, was two weeks ago when I got my first tin whistle. I bought it out of curiousity I suppose. My first whistles were two Feadogs in D (one black and one brass). Since then, I have gotten another two more Feadogs (including the Pro D), three Clares, three Clarkes, and two Waltons - all in D. Heaven help me when there are no more cheapies to buy.
Welcome!

Don't worry as there are lots of cheapies to round up first. It looks like you have started off with some nice whistles.
In The Woods

Post by In The Woods »

And you can always buy more of the same brand of the cheapies because there's always the chance that one in particular will be a gem, and then you need to keep searching the other brands for the same thing, and then you will probably go back and buy another of the one which was a gem, ever hopeful....

If you're looking for a scientific name for this, besides WHOA, it's called Intermittent Positive Reinforcement. (Same principal keeps the lottery customers coming back for more.)

With best regards,

Steve Mack
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light get's in.

Leonard Cohen
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

buy hundredds of the cheapies----------throw them on your bed and rool around in them --------------and scream "i am the king" :D ------its a feeling i cant desribe
keuka

Post by keuka »

Always remember when you switch to a different whistle you will have to find the right amount of air to blow to make it sound good. To little or to much air can make it squeak and squawk. Also when switching whistles the size and placement of the holes will change and can throw you off for a while. Just keep playing the Feadog Pro and I'm sure it will start to respond to you.
Donal