Urology: A Short Essay by Dale Wisely

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

fearfaoin wrote:
See, Cynth that's what James was talking about :)
Complaining about prostate exams is banned in my house,
lest I wish to hear (again) about visits to the Gynocologist.

yeah - and you notice I didn't even bring up labor and all the joys of it!!!!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

peeplj wrote:...
For another thing, for whatever reason, women are not sympathetic at all to men regarding this kind of test. Rather, they seem almost to...well...to gloat about it, and to sort of rejoice that we had to experience it.

(Edited to note that Annie's post came in while I was composing this post. See her post for an example of what I mean. :lol: )
"Gloating"??? :-? Hardly. Did you not actually read my comment, or did I word it in such a way that you didn't get the point that women have to have *both* orafices checked in tandem ... Honey, if you think I'm gloating, you have a really, really warped view of what is enjoyment. I wouldn't wish that exam on my least favorite person, but, I would sure rather any of us suffered through that rather than at least one of the alternatives... namely the cancer that it is designed to detect. Now *that* almost makes the exam seem like a blessing... almost...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
missy

Post by missy »

we refer to Tom's coloscopy tests as "photo opportunities" after his doctor came out and showed me pictures from one of them (TMI :o !!!).
Missy

peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Sorry, Annie, it was meant as humor.

My bad.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
djm

Post by djm »

Cberry wrote:If it hurts you're doing something wrong, like being too tense.
The voice of experience.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

djm wrote:
The voice of experience.

djm
I suppose one could always lie back and think of the Empire. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

missy wrote:we refer to Tom's coloscopy tests as "photo opportunities" after his doctor came out and showed me pictures from one of them (TMI :o !!!).
Aw, I get one of those every other year because I'm predisposed for an adventure.
My gastrointernist sends pictures (stills) home with me. If I could get a copy of the actual video it might make a great youtube (no pun intended).

But honestly, that test isn't half as bad as the preparations for it
and the drugs that they give you during it makes it all worthwhile.

Any of these tests might be embarrassing or uncomfortable, but catching what ever they're looking for while its still manageable sure beats the alternative.
Jack

Post by Jack »

djm wrote:
The voice of experience.

djm
Hehehe.....:P
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

fearfaoin wrote:
peeplj wrote:...For another thing, for whatever reason, women are not sympathetic at all to men regarding this kind of test. Rather, they seem almost to...well...to gloat about it, and to sort of rejoice that we had to experience it.
missy wrote:oh, geesh...
whine,whine,whine.
Get a freezing cold metal thing stuck up you a few times and then come whine about it.........
Or have a very sensitive part of you flattened like it's been run over by a Mac truck...........
bunch of wusses.
(and I mean that in the nicest way :D )
See, Cynth that's what James was talking about :)
Complaining about prostate exams is banned in my house,
lest I wish to hear (again) about visits to the Gynocologist.
Well, okay, "wusses" is a little cold maybe (I mean, you are guys).......but she means it in the nicest possible way :lol: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

peeplj wrote:Sorry, Annie, it was meant as humor.

My bad.

--James
Ten lashes with a wet noodle, then. Add a pint, and you'll be forgiven. :)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
missy

Post by missy »

hyldemoer wrote:
Aw, I get one of those every other year because I'm predisposed for an adventure.
yeah - Tom is too, his mom died of colon cancer before age 59 (actually, my dad also died of colon cancer, but he was older). He's had several polyps taken off, but we are at the every 3 year thing now.

Do you have tattoos? Tom's doctor showed me pictures of the tattoos he put where he took off the polyps (again TMI!)

And, I agree, it's the beforehand stuff that's horrible. Thank god they let him drink coffee or I'd probably have to kill him.
Missy

Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

missy wrote:
hyldemoer wrote:
yeah - Tom is too, his mom died of colon cancer before age 59 (actually, my dad also died of colon cancer, but he was older). He's had several polyps taken off, but we are at the every 3 year thing now.

Do you have tattoos? Tom's doctor showed me pictures of the tattoos he put where he took off the polyps (again TMI!)

And, I agree, it's the beforehand stuff that's horrible. Thank god they let him drink coffee or I'd probably have to kill him.
Same in this family. I had to start those blasted exams at 45. I'm on a 5 year plan at the moment but I'd almost rather go 3.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
djm

Post by djm »

Sorry - TMI?

Trainable Mentally Impaired

Trans Mars Injection

Toronto Montessori Institute

Three Mile Island

TRMM Microwave Imager

Trudell Medical International

Texas Materials Insitute

etc........

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Tickle Me Icarus?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

TMI=Too Much Information
hyldemoer wrote: But honestly, that test isn't half as bad as the preparations for it
and the drugs that they give you during it makes it all worthwhile.
I have had more than one colonoscopy. I wish the drugs did anything at all for me. I'm highly resistant to anasthesia.

Last time I had it done, the anasthesiologist said I'd probably sleep and definitely forget the whole thing. I said "probably not" and explained my resistance to anesthetics. She gave me a shot in my IV and said she'd come check on me in 15 minutes.

15 minutes later, she asked if I felt anything, and I said "nope." She looked annoyed, gave me another shot of juice, and said she was going to give me some Demerol also, and proceeded to do so.

15 more minutes, she comes back and asks me if I feel sleepy yet. I told her "nope, but I can hear myself slurring from the Demerol. Might as well get this show on the road."

It wasn't really as bad as when I had the gastroscopy done, and the doc assumed I was asleep when I was instead just resting and waiting for the drugs to put me out. Nothing like having a tube shoved down your throat when you're awake and kicking. Heh. At least I was doped up enough I couldn't fight much.

I later told the nurse that I'd been awake for the procedure, and she looked skeptical and said "oh yeah? what do you remember?" "you grabbing my head and yelling 'breathe through your nose!'" She got all still and said "oh" in a little tiny voice..kind of funny, really.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║