Chanters for medical bills

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
reedbiter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Chanters for medical bills

Post by reedbiter »

Alrighty, I need to pay for some medical bills (seriously, the U.S. healthcare system stinks) so I've got a few pieces I need to sell. I thought I'd give "my peeps" the right of first dibs before they hit Ebay (grrr).

1. Scottish smallpipe chanter pitched in A. Made from partridgewood and moose antler mounts.

2. Rogge french chanter (g/c half-closed french fingering). Made out of plum and boxwood.

3. Boston Uilleann Pipeworks Uillean chanter in D.

Drop me an email or a PM. I'm working as furiously as I can to get caught up on correspondence, so I'll do my best to be quick!
rorybbellows
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Do you not think the sympathy card will be running out soon ???

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
pudinka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by pudinka »

Do you not think the sympathy card will be running out soon ???
...don't know - do superfluous callousness cards trump sympathy cards in this game?
It's true that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar - but a big, steaming pile works best of all.
reedbiter

wow...

Post by reedbiter »

Rory...was there a reason behind that?

I humbly beg your pardon. I wasn't aware I had in some way acted inappropriately by sharing details of the sale. One could easily do a topic search which shows that most posters tend to share the details or motivating factors behind a sale. In fact I could send you some quotes from these posts if it would suit you.
Or perchance it's personal, but I couldn't find the part in my post where I insulted you in some way. Perchance Dale has decided that you should be in charge of micro-editing everyone's posts.
Last edited by reedbiter on Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pudinka

Post by pudinka »

I asked what I did becasue I wondered why the second posting (in quotation) seemed more than a little callous, especially given the reasons stated - if you are asking me. Pronouns are not clear sometimes.
It's true that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar - but a big, steaming pile works best of all.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Rory, have a pint. Pudinka, nice retort. Reedbiter, good luck with your sale. Everybody else, read on...
pudinka

Post by pudinka »

Pronouns again...rather than edit my last, let me make this clearer by addressing your edit.

I, if you are addressing me here, took no offense to your posting of your chanters for sale, nor was I trying to comment about your postings. I was simply taken a back by the comments of the second person (rorybbellows), who seemed to be insulting you (if anyone) by asking, "Do you not think the sympathy card will be running out soon???"

Ironically, that quoted statement seemed to offer no sympathy but rather seemed a bit callous, especially given the reason for the sale - that I understood were to pay medical bills. Beyond that, there was nothing else hidden in my posting or reply(s) - including this one.
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

PJ
sturob

Re: Chanters for medical bills

Post by sturob »

reedbiter wrote:Alrighty, I need to pay for some medical bills (seriously, the U.S. healthcare system stinks)
Good luck with your sale, whatever the reason.

As for the medical jibe . . . I've lived in and practiced medicine in both systems (US and Canadian/UK socialized). You do NOT want socialized care. Never.

:) If anyone wants to talk about it, maybe we should start a thread in the pub and not completely hijack this one. But I have been in both and am happy to dispel some of the propaganda spouted in the UK, Ireland, and Canada regarding the evils of US medical care.

Stuart
reedbiter

fair enough...!

Post by reedbiter »

Oh pudinka, I wasn't referring to you in the least. I was a bit taken aback by rory's jibe. Sorry for my own sarcasm and comment about the medical profession. To be frank, I admit to being jaded in regards to Dr's right now as I've been on the receiving end of "actionable" care. So please do forgive, it wasn't meant as an assault. That being said..back to the topic!

Chanters for sale!

:wink:
glands

Post by glands »

Well....you are right....parts of the system do stink. Pay your bill....about 40% of it goes to the administration costs of medicine. Twenty years ago that was a 5% figure. Bigass governmrnt has led to this. And...whatever your doc gets....an astounding 35% of it goes to the Feds. The whole fee and pay system id fecked. BUT...the care is second to none.... 90% of the time.....and the other 10% can be REALLY bad.

Good luck with the health and also with the sales.
rgouette
Tell us something.: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

~Jesus of Nazareth

Post by rgouette »

reedbiter wrote:As for the medical jibe . . . I've lived in and practiced medicine in both systems (US and Canadian/UK socialized). You do NOT want socialized care. Never.
I wanted to say that, but wasn't about to hijack the topic.
However, since the gentleman offered his opinion, I heartily & humbly raise a pint to the notion that the Govt simply cannot act in the interest of the people when you're dealing with the large-scale re-distribution of wealth in this area.
billh

Post by billh »

This part of the discussion needs to move to the pub. Some of us do not agree - problem with public services is in part that they are starved of funds, with justification like the above.
rgouette
Tell us something.: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

~Jesus of Nazareth

Post by rgouette »

I say , move it & we can have some 'friendly ' banter around the subject of wealth redistribution & health care ...

Personally, I've been hoping to hear from someone, particularly acting as a doc, who has an opinion regarding the state of socialized health care in CA/UK etc versus privatized...
(admittedly there's issues here in US as well)
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

rgouette wrote:
reedbiter wrote:As for the medical jibe . . . I've lived in and practiced medicine in both systems (US and Canadian/UK socialized). You do NOT want socialized care. Never.
I wanted to say that, but wasn't about to hijack the topic.
However, since the gentleman offered his opinion, I heartily & humbly raise a pint to the notion that the Govt simply cannot act in the interest of the people when you're dealing with the large-scale re-distribution of wealth in this area.
David (reedbiter) Boisvert did not write that quote.

As for the medical aspect of this topic, it is best to drop it altogether. Dale, and rightly so IMHO, has banned medical discussions on this board. Moving said discussion to the pub is not a possibility.

I am going to lock this thread, simply because evrything that needs to be said has been said and I sense that this particular topic may become explosive.

Here's a link to the new home of the political/controversial/chest thumping/religeous/whathaveyou forum...

http://cnfpoli.informe.com/index.php

Thanks.