Sold: Casey Burns Flute + Free Fife

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Sold: Casey Burns Flute + Free Fife

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

flute is sold....thanks!

I just recieved the flute after waiting a year, and can't afford to keep it, really bothers me, but oh well, back to using my Dixon again I guess. I ordered from him a large holed version of his non-ergo standard model, with tuning slide, in blackwood. This flute is very loud, and has a great raspy sound, doesn't take too much air to get the thing going. I would like to get $1,100 for it, the flutes new, that's how much they cost new, and by buying my flute you save yourself the 1+ year wait to get one of his flutes. I am not looking to make money of my flute, just get back what I paid for it. If you are interested send me a pm. Also, take a look at Casey's site www.caseyburnsflutes.com
Last edited by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jennie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jennie »

Just a word for Casey's work: I have a CB flute like this one, made several years ago, and it's been my sole flute for the two years I've been playing. Two years isn't much and I have very little basis for comparison. FWIW, though, I've been really pleased with my flute's capabilities. Mine is fairly loud too, and I'm just beginning to find some of its different tone qualities.

Seems to me like plenty of flute for the price, and plenty of flute for my current level (I'm practicing like mad, making great advances, but never frustrated by the instrument).

Hope it finds a good home!

Jennie
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I like Casey's flutes, I have a VERY nice mopane standard ergo flute that has just the mellowest tone. I should really play it more (but I'm also NOT selling it!) It's a lovely sounding, lovely looking flute.

The rings on that blackwood flute are very attractive. Someone should snap it up!

M :party:
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

bump
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

All of Casey's flutes are top notch, he is a maker who thinks about thinks about how well a flute plays, verses trying to just go by historical models. He has made a lot of innovations to the flute to give his the distinct sound that they have.
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

All of the feedback I've read on this new model of Casey's has been very positive so far. I'd love to have this one, and if I had the money, it probably would be gone! Blackwood and this large hole Standard model should be really great.

I have Casey's Standard in Blackwood, with no slide, and it's a really nice flute-in fact, I bought it from Ted (O_Gaiteiro) too! Thanks Ted!

And just look at it-that's one beautiful flute! I love the lines of Casey's flutes-they are without doubt one of the best looking flutes to my eyes. I really dig those rings too!

Too bad you can't keep it, but someone will get a nice one!
~~~~
Barry
crookedtune
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

Yup, I surely would like to be buying that flute! I've had just a month with Casey's Large-holed Ergo Standard in mopane, (no rings or tuning slide). I'm a relative newbie at about a year, but I'm very impressed and attached to this design. What sound!! Someone's gonna be pretty happy with that one!
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

crookedtune wrote: I've had just a month with Casey's Large-holed Ergo Standard in mopane, (no rings or tuning slide).
That's the one I'm talking about :)

M
eilam

Post by eilam »

I have one of Casey's flutes, it's an all wood R&R model, i will never sell it ether (unless i can find a Boxwood one).
i love the tone, and when i feel shaky on my other flutes, i always go back to the CB flute,
i can easily get this tight focused tone.
the Mopani smells so good as well.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

Also at the price agreed above I would be willing to include a new Ralph Sweet honduran rosewood fife in D, it's a screamer.
Cubitt

Post by Cubitt »

That's me in the picture on a Casey blackwood from some time back. Rings are of bone, and it has a lined head and a tuning slide. A real beauty, and definitely a session flute!

Got it used for $200! but that was probably 15 years ago. Won't sell it for any price, though. It has a groove for the forefinger of the left hand gracefully carved into the body of the flute. Very nice innovation.
"In times of trial, swearing often provides a solace denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
Cork

Post by Cork »

bump

;-)
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Cubitt wrote:That's me in the picture on a Casey blackwood from some time back. Rings are of bone, and it has a lined head and a tuning slide. A real beauty, and definitely a session flute!

Got it used for $200! but that was probably 15 years ago. Won't sell it for any price, though. It has a groove for the forefinger of the left hand gracefully carved into the body of the flute. Very nice innovation.

I still can't believe you got that for 200 bucks. I really enjoyed giving it a toot the other day.

That T1 notch really was a nice surprise.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago wrote:Also at the price agreed above I would be willing to include a
new Ralph Sweet honduran rosewood fife in D, it's a screamer.
I hope it found a good home. I have found trying to tame a fife that when I
play the flute I play it very softly. One day I decided to "push" my flute.
Before finding the flute's breaking point I found my wife's breaking point.
They can scream, but they can also be soft and beautiful.

It should be a fun little flute.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."