Prayers, thoughts, good vibes, spells of healing...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Prayers, thoughts, good vibes, spells of healing...

Post by Tyler »

I never thought I'd ever have to ask for this (but I never thought this would happen to someone close to me either)...

Yesterday afternoon I recieved word that a very dear friend of mine had comitted suicide early that morning.
I knew he was going through a rough patch, and I tried so hard to be there for him whenever he needed an ear to chew and a beer to cry in (a little bit of background: his fiancee had been two-timing him for about a month, and he found out about it about two weeks ago).
I just don't know what more I could have done. I loved him like my own brother, and he was as good and kind a man as any who've walked this earth. He'd walk with you two miles if you asked him to go one, and he'd give you the shoes off his feet right after he gave you the shirt off his back.
He was a good, moral and upright man who never missed an opportunity to perform service to his fellow beings.
He was one of the few real Jazz junkies in my agegroup around here, and one of the ones could understand my deeply rooted interest in it.
He was my brother and my friend, and now he's gone, by his own hand.
I've had friends die before, but never in this manner, and I'm finding it very hard to deal with the pain and the anger I'm feeling.
Anger at him for leaving, anger at myself for being so close and not seeing he was in trouble and not doing more to prevent this tragedy, anger at the situation and people that may have drivin him to do what he did.
Whatever good vibes/thoughts/prayers/spells you can send for myself and for his family would be most appreciated.
I'll post an obit once we put one together.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Prayers, thoughts, good vibes, spells of healing...

Post by amar »

Tyler Morris wrote:I never thought I'd ever have to ask for this (but I never thought this would happen to someone close to me either)...

Yesterday afternoon I recieved word that a very dear friend of mine had comitted suicide early that morning.
I knew he was going through a rough patch, and I tried so hard to be there for him whenever he needed an ear to chew and a beer to cry in (a little bit of background: his fiancee had been two-timing him for about a month, and he found out about it about two weeks ago).
I just don't know what more I could have done. I loved him like my own brother, and he was as good and kind a man as any who've walked this earth. He'd walk with you two miles if you asked him to go one, and he'd give you the shoes off his feet right after he gave you the shirt off his back.
He was a good, moral and upright man who never missed an opportunity to perform service to his fellow beings.
He was one of the few real Jazz junkies in my agegroup around here, and one of the ones could understand my deeply rooted interest in it.
He was my brother and my friend, and now he's gone, by his own hand.
I've had friends die before, but never in this manner, and I'm finding it very hard to deal with the pain and the anger I'm feeling.
Anger at him for leaving, anger at myself for being so close and not seeing he was in trouble and not doing more to prevent this tragedy, anger at the situation and people that may have drivin him to do what he did.
Whatever good vibes/thoughts/prayers/spells you can send for myself and for his family would be most appreciated.
I'll post an obit once we put one together.
Tyler, don't know what to say. I'm just really sorry, and you have my thoughts. :(
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I'm so sorry, Tyler. That's incredibly tough.

Hang in there. There are a lot of people who care about you.

Best wishes,
Jerry
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

I'm so sorry Tyler..........

You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. You know I always have an "ear" for you if you need to vent.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

So sad to hear. Strength and courage to you.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
rh

Post by rh »

My condolences, Tyler. It's a really tough thing.

I can definitely empathize; about ten years ago i had a very close friend of many years who committed suicide. I know i was one of the few people he felt he could confide in, yet he never let on and i blamed myself for not being attentive enough to realize how much help he needed. Even today it's uncomfortable to think about, but tincture of time has helped and ultimately i think that there is only so much anyone -- even the closest of friends -- can do if the suicidal person doesn't reach out.

May God bless you, you family and friends and give you comfort and healing.
Last edited by rh on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

My thoughts are with you Tyler.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
peteinmn

Post by peteinmn »

Tyler

This is so tragic. I wish there were some magic words of comfort I could offer....
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Tyler, I am sorry that this tragedy has happened to your friend and likewise to you. Your C & F friends will be holding you in our thoughts. In as much as it is possible, may all those concerned with your friend's passing be comforted.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Tyler, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I've been there myself, I suppose a lot of us have, and I was so tormented by the anger and the what ifs that I wrote a song about it. The occasion of that was when the son of one of my best friends suicided under very similar circmstances.

It'll take time to get clear, and that's probably as it should be, but I think the kind of attentiveness that might have made a difference is usually so far outside ordinary social expectations that you couldn't live your life watching out for the signs—just wouldn't be possible. But somehow knowing that is no consolation, nothing is.

Take care, buddy.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

There's a PM for you Tyler.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
djm

Post by djm »

Let's see: you've got all these fast cars you're working on, you've got a body shop to take out any large dents in the fenders, you know where she lives ... What's the problem?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Sorry for your loss and pain. Sending good thoughts.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Good luck to you, Tyler.

I hope our vibey thoughts will carry you. :cry: