Profound Truth of the Nanosecond

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Which is more profound?

For every profound truth, there's at least one context in which it is rendered moot.
73%
The Red Hot Chili Peppers' album Blood Sugar Sex Magik really kicks @$$.
27%

Total votes: 15

dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Profound Truth of the Nanosecond

Post by dfernandez77 »

I've two of them.
1. I've decided that for every profound truth, there's at least one context in which it is rendered moot. Even this one.

A. The Red Hot Chili Peppers' album Blood Sugar Sex Magik really kicks @$$.

But I still haven't decided which of the two is more profound.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
jkwest
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Chili's get my vote... :thumbsup:
Tril Bluejacket

Post by Tril Bluejacket »

I chose the "for every profound truth" one. Once, I ate at a cafe where I saw a lot of truckdrivers eating, and I got food poisoning.
"We are part of a symbiotic relationship with something which disguises itself as an extra-terrestrial invasion so as not to alarm us."
-Terence McKenna
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

I can't believe this stupid poll. The truth-rendered-contextually-moot vs. Red Hot Chili Peppers debate has been beaten to death, hardly less than nature v. nurture & chicken v. egg.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Nonono! This is analogous to the the Chicken vs. Nurture debate.

Heated, yes - but I like it too.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

I'm rather partial to the Chicken vs. Dinner debate, myself, particularly the subtopic of Baked-with-rice vs. Terriaki Grilled.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Tyler Morris wrote:I'm rather partial to the Chicken vs. Dinner debate, myself, particularly the subtopic of Baked-with-rice vs. Terriaki Grilled.
What, not Deep-fried-n-drippin'?
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jsluder wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:I'm rather partial to the Chicken vs. Dinner debate, myself, particularly the subtopic of Baked-with-rice vs. Terriaki Grilled.
What, not Deep-fried-n-drippin'?
because that raises the whole new issue of "To Bread or not to Bread." :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

did anyone think to ask nano to weigh in on this?
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Look. I'm still trying to get beyond "death and taxes". Talk amongst yourselves.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Nanohedron wrote:Look. I'm still trying to get beyond "death and taxes". Talk amongst yourselves.
Speaking of taxes, if you are in my category of less than $52000/yr gross income, there is a lot of free help online and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) is prepared to point the way.
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/index.html

Like one of the other people who replied, I also remember getting sick on chili, so I, for one, rule out the second choice entirely. I can't remember what the first choice is, which means that I can't in good faith vote for it either.
WhistlingArmadillo

Post by WhistlingArmadillo »

1. In any argument, the victor is always right.

2. "Yea" can be turned to "nay", and vice versa, if a proper amount of verbage is applied.

3. Though the pen be mightier than the sword, the sword speaks louder and stronger at any given moment.

(Loosely quoted from "The Mouse that Roared").
At the end of it all, I want to be told "Well done". I don't want to _be_ well done!
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I went with the 'moot point' selection. But what I really meant is that Nano's avatar gives me vertigo. That should have been one of the choices.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

crookedtune wrote:I went with the 'moot point' selection. But what I really meant is that Nano's avatar gives me vertigo. That should have been one of the choices.
It's an artistic visual metaphor for what it is to be Nanohedron. What that metaphor is, I can't quite pin down.

Which is appropriate, when you think of it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I think it's actually the aura of James Brown's spirit making it's case to St. Peter. Why he's in a cold sweat, I can't say.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde