FS: Andreas Rogge B Full Set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Patrick D'Arcy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

FS: Andreas Rogge B Full Set

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Joseph E. Smith

Re: FS: Andreas Rogge B Full Set

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I don't frikin' believe it! Tommy, say it isn't so? :sniffle:
SEAGULL
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am not a robot. I am person with dreams and aspirations. I actually hate robots. I do not trust them. Help computer

Post by SEAGULL »

:cry:
brianc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by brianc »

Oh dear.... and me without the dosh to spare.... :sniffle: Has a sweeter sound ever been heard?
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

I remember when he got this set- I would so like to buy it <sigh>
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

If it was a Cnat I'd jump at it, I'm sickening up to buy one.

I used to play a Matt Kiernan Cnat chanter with my original practice set, but I doubt whether I could cope with the combined effect of the finger spread and regulator keys on a B - though I've never actually tried a B even just the chanter. What are the views of those who have played a full Rogge B set about this?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
totokots
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by totokots »

Hey Roger: How's Brussels!

Just 10 days ago I popped over to Andreas in Tubingen to get the bass regulator fitted onto my B set- I've had the 3/4 set for 4-5 years. He also gave the set an overall fine-tuning and it is absolutely singing these days.

On my Rogge B chanter, the spread on the top (left) hand from the C# hole centre to the A hole (I can say "A hole" can't I?) centre is 67.5mm.

Similarly on the right hand, the distance from the (top) G hole centre to the (bottom) Eb hole centre is 111mm.

This should give you some comparisson relative to your D chanter.

I'm a bit of a novice on the regs but I can reach everything pretty easily- bit of a stretch for the distant keys, but i can get 'em, and I don't wear a shoulder strap.

The set is plum wood, brass and boxwood mounts, so physically relatively light in weight.

Tell me auld Uncle to give you a free pint on me next time you see him :wink:

All the Best,

John Butler
Careful men, he wets his plants . . .

http://www.ceolpipes.com
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote: What are the views of those who have played a full Rogge B set about this?
My view on the exact same instrument being sold by Tommykleen is that it is a stellar instrument. When I played it last May, everything was abso-friggin-lutely perfect. It really is a wonderful set, in fact, Jerry O'Sullivan played it most of that Friday night before the 2006 GNIPC Tionol... I wonder if he was tempted to walk off with it... :P

If you can get your fingers around a C chanter, B isn't that much more of a stretch, really. With time you'd be used to it and won't remember a time when you didn't play a B.

I don't know why, but the news of this sale has simply floored me... maybe because I can't afford it, but maybe because there will be one less B for the house session at the 2007 GNIPC Tionol... terrible news!

... eh, good luck with the sale Tommy! :D
Patrick D'Arcy

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

I also got to play this set at the tionol and can attest it was one of the nicest Rogge sets I've come accross.

Pat.
billh

Post by billh »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:If it was a Cnat I'd jump at it, I'm sickening up to buy one.

I used to play a Matt Kiernan Cnat chanter with my original practice set, but I doubt whether I could cope with the combined effect of the finger spread and regulator keys on a B - though I've never actually tried a B even just the chanter. What are the views of those who have played a full Rogge B set about this?
Reg keys can be a stretch but Kiernan flat chanters have among the widest finger spreads I've come across. Judging from my memories of the Rogge B set I used to have, the finger stretch should not be a problem for you by comparison. I used a shoulder strap to raise the stock so as to reach the regs on the B - but I'm not as tall as John :-)

Bill
itisi

Post by itisi »

Price: US$9500

:-? :boggle:

That's what Rogge charges for THAT?

omg...
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

billh wrote: Judging from my memories of the Rogge B set I used to have, the finger stretch should not be a problem for you by comparison. I used a shoulder strap to raise the stock so as to reach the regs on the B - but I'm not as tall as John :-)

Bill
billh

Post by billh »

Thanks for the memories Peter! I remember that crisp packet well.

If only I knew where I lost those sandals... they were nice!
oliver

Post by oliver »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:If it was a Cnat I'd jump at it, I'm sickening up to buy one.

I used to play a Matt Kiernan Cnat chanter with my original practice set, but I doubt whether I could cope with the combined effect of the finger spread and regulator keys on a B
Come on, Roger, come on, the finger spread isn't so difficult, it just takes some time to get used to it. I mean if the stretch is the only reason why you want a C, then B isn't that much of a difference...
Ok, the only reason why I'm saying this is I'd like to see the set at the next Belgian tionol !! :P :D
carel

Post by carel »

Hello Roger

I remember you as a man with long fingers
these are mine

carel :)