Cocaine traces on Dublin banknotes

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cayden

Cocaine traces on Dublin banknotes

Post by Cayden »

A test of banknotes in circulation in Dublin found traces on 100% of the examined euro notes. Ah the Celtic tiger!

more here
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

And on 65% of the dollar bills in the U.S.! No wonder I always feel like I'm in a fog. (Still...I'd like to see a larger sampling than 45 banknotes.)

Susan
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

The other day they found 15 kilo or so of cocaine in boxes of bananas at a number of supermarkets in Cork. The Gardai said it was probably a 'logistical error' :lol:
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Yeah, they meant for it to be with the apples.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

susnfx wrote:And on 65% of the dollar bills in the U.S.! No wonder I always feel like I'm in a fog. (Still...I'd like to see a larger sampling than 45 banknotes.)

Susan
I'll bet they'd have found traces on 100% of $100 dollar bills. :D
djm

Post by djm »

At first I thought this was a really desparate way for a student to keep up with his habit. Then I realized that they were on to something much bigger. What a great way to curb counterfeiting! Just make it official that all bills have to contain a certain percentage trace of blow. Brilliant! :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

This might explain the allure of the smell of money...
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I can't decide which bothers me more: cocaine on money or fecal matter on shopping cart handles....

Susan
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

susnfx wrote:I can't decide which bothers me more: cocaine on money or fecal matter on shopping cart handles....

Susan
Thank you for that, Susan. Thank you. :x
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nanohedron wrote:
susnfx wrote:I can't decide which bothers me more: cocaine on money or fecal matter on shopping cart handles....

Susan
Thank you for that, Susan. Thank you. :x
I've seen paper money referred to as "FBIRDs" (Fecal Bacteria Infected Rag Dollars).
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

If its allowed in our Corn Flakes, it shouldn't bother you on your shopping cart handles.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
The Sporting Pitchfork
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

Yup, yet another sign of totally awesome '80s nostalgia...

My favorite coke-related story happened at Penn State in the mid-'80s. There was a Chinese food cart in the quad that did very brisk business and their chow mein was incredibly popular. Nobody could explain it, because it didn't particularly taste all that great apparently, but people had to have it; they'd get angry and even physically violent if the cart ran out of the stuff. This went on for a few years before the cart was raided by police and it was discovered that the cook had been spiking the chow mein with cocaine.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

The Sporting Pitchfork wrote:Yup, yet another sign of totally awesome '80s nostalgia...

My favorite coke-related story happened at Penn State in the mid-'80s. There was a Chinese food cart in the quad that did very brisk business and their chow mein was incredibly popular. Nobody could explain it, because it didn't particularly taste all that great apparently, but people had to have it; they'd get angry and even physically violent if the cart ran out of the stuff. This went on for a few years before the cart was raided by police and it was discovered that the cook had been spiking the chow mein with cocaine.
That must have been some expensive chow mein. :o
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Susan
... well, I now know that I'll never get any sleep, ever again... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Yeah, but what's the cocaine content of the fecal matter on the shopping cart handles?
Reasonable person
Walden